• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Review for Carnival Triumph to the Eastern Caribbean
joannlove
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2018
Cabin: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

This was my 1st cruise, approx Jan 25 or 26, 2018 for a late birthday present and a friends wedding. Carnival Triumph will be the Carnival Sunrise starting later this year. As my review title states, I hated it!!!! I was sick from the time I got on until I left, even though I was taking dramamine since I got sick. Actually 5 / 8 of us were sick. We stood outside in the cold for longer than necessary while they tried to get everyone there so they can go over the safety equipment. The ship rocked uncontrollably the whole enter time. So bad that during the the rest of the trip, everyone was walking around trying to keep our balance, holding their plates because they were sliding during our meals and some of us couldn't eat because we got sick while in the dining area. They confiscated drinks on the 1st day, from 2 of my friends checked bag and one was my roommate. However they didn't take it out of mine. I complained to front desk as soon as we noticed my roommate didn't have hers and they 1st returned her 6 pack of soda. it. So I complained again about the wine not being returned and I guess after the security guard realized that he couldn't intimidated me, we got it back, My other friend wasn't so lucky during her stay, but upon her leaving they gave her a bottle of wine from their collection. Our ocean view cabin was partially obstructed and the picked bedding wasn't what was picked. They told us that they didn't have any other rooms available and gave us chocolate covered strawberries to make good on the inconvenience. While on the cruise, it was rumors that a lady went overboard in Mexico a cruise or 2 before ours and they still hadn't found her, a rumor that another lady feel off her balcony and died, and another rumor stating the boat was rocking so bad because the stabilizer was broke. When it was time to check out, I questioned the rumor about the stabilizer and complained about my stay, I was told that it was fine, it was just windy. NOT only did I complain to carnival, but also to my agent and I wasn't offered anything for all of the inconveniences even though I requested it and advised that I am a travel agent that books cruises for Carnival. Needless to say, I will never go on another Carnival Cruise and won't book for them anymore unless client request..

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Clean but didn't have the bed that was requested. While we were at the safety social, they sent someone to change out the bed. Their maintenance crew pooped in from of our window without notification and left a ladder that obstructed our window that we were unaware was going to be obstructed until I called and complained.

1 Helpful Vote