3. Anthem of the Seas
We had an opportunity to try out a bigger ship at a highly discounted price. For us, the package would have to be very good one for us to go back on Anthem. It wasn't that there were a lot of disappointments, but there were very few "WOW" moments. I was expecting a lot of WOW moments. The disembarking process was one of the most organized I've seen. We were out the door 15 min before our promised time of 7:30. For the boarding process, we went through it pretty quickly, got here around 10:15. The checkin lady sent us to the right were all the regular guests were sitting. Hubby is like, "No, this is wrong, we should be with the Suite people". He asked someone directly people and sure enough, we had been sent to the wrong side to wait. We only waited with the suite people about 15 min and then we go to board by 11. Everything when smoothly. The room (a Junior Suite) far far exceeded our expectations and eating dinner in the Coastal Kitchen was a great and yummy experience and the staff were the best of the staff.. We don't like formal nights and didn't really want to dress up, we were all about relaxing this time around. We feel the smaller ships offer the ability to interact with the same people over the course of the cruise. Windjammer lunch was like a free for all with kids running and rude people pushing in front of you to get to the food or open table. I've always taken a power strip with me (last 7 cruises) and this time it was confiscated and hubby had to go and get our luggage. we will keep to the smaller ships... we did a transatlantic on Brilliance and another on Freedom. We didn't go to any of the shows (not our thing) and the night we had scheduled for North Star was too windy (Thur). It also seems like the new "customer service" area as a disaster area. The staff couldn't answer every question or gave me wrong answers. The boards on each floor that was supposed to help were either down and asking for a PIN or never had the menus we were looking for. We essentially just gave up on them. It was nice to use the TV to see the menus but why is it the more technology on the ship, the less it seems to work consistently? It seems like RC would like to do away with the customer service and have it all done on kiosks and lose the human touch. Not a good move. Overall, I gave the cruise great ratings. This cruise was for us to unwind and just chill out and not try to do everything possible we could. I go in several naps a day and some reading as well. That is what we were looking for. The elevators were the biggest joke every. Everyone soon learned that you have to get in a Down elevator to go UP!! This was because by the time got your floor (13 for us), the elevator was full so we took the stairs many times. Same thing with going to lower floors, like 4 & 5. You would think with so many elevators, there would not be long lines of people standing around to try and get somewhere. All in all, the cruise was not a terribly bad experience, just a rather disappointing one. I'm sure for those with kids it was heaven to send them off on their own. That was the other thing that I noticed, more unsupervised children running around and playing on the steps and trying to run you out of the way. I was walking with a cane due to a bad knee and almost got ran over several times or had to move aside to avoid getting ran down. Not may idea of fun..

1st Time on Anthem

JakeSadie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Junior Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin J1 13638
Cabin was great, loved the separate tub/shower from the sink/toilet. However, late at night there was a pumping noise above our heads, like some pump was cleaning from Johnny Rockets. Always hear chairs scraping every night. Someone reminded me to bring a magnet and I loved that idea so I did the one of my two Springers. The counter space and closet space were an extra added bonus for us. However, the "couch" was hard as a rock and you really couldn't sit on it for very long. The bed was also very hard to sleep on and we both got a lot less sleep than normal. My husband said he hurt everywhere, his hips, knees, and back.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins