Norwegian Jade Cruise Review

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by gcgibbs

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

Checking in and disembarking went very smoothly.

The specialty dining was excellent. The main dining rooms had the same menu so other than having to dress up more at the Grand Pacific there was no difference. The crew and staff on board were excellent. They were helpful and friendly and addressed us by name if they saw us several times. I lost my wallet at Colon Panama and they did all they could to help me address the trials and tribulations of this occurring. The steward said good morning etc. every time we saw him in the hallways. The room was always in excellent condition without him hovering or being in the way.

The theater's seating was very uncomfortable as the seats were very low and hard to get up from. The lounge and nightclub seating was very uncomfortable as they were tight. I don't know how large people sat in any of the seating in the lounges. The bartenders and wait staff were entertaining and friendly. They remembered you if you went to the same lounge more than once.

We had a mid-ship picture window room on Level 5 Our picture window was so scratched we couldn't really see anything out of it. This could be because our room was so close to the water level and is probably scratched from the salt water and wind during storms. The toilet area was tight but the rest of the bathroom area was adequate. The closet wasn't huge but there were plenty of drawers to accommodate clothing for an 11 day cruise.

Entertainment was very good with a high quality and variety. There were many activities during the day that were a lot of fun. The digital scavenger hunts were very entertaining.

The port in Belize is beautiful. I wouldn't plan an excursion at this stop unless it's something you can't miss as the beach area is huge, free and beautiful. The passage through the Panama Canal was the highlight of the trip. I sat right up front in the Spinnaker Lounge which has 90 degree view from the front of the ship.

I used the NCL app on board. The wi-fi was active to use this app. I could check my account spending, the days activities and it listed which excursions and specialty dining were active for each day. You also can text others on the cruise that paid a $10 fee for this feature only. I did not have need of this feature but would use it if I was traveling with a larger group.

gcgibbs's Full Rating Summary

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5044

The room was always clean The toilet area was very tight. Our picture window was so scratched on the outside we couldn't see out of it. Closet area was not as big as other ships but there was plenty of drawer space to make up for it.

Magnificent Cartegena

Informative and saw lots of the area

View All 21 Magnificent Cartegena Reviews
The Tortuguero Canals

Saw beautiful flowers found in the rain forest on a short walk The canal ride had a great driver. When we saw sloths or monkeys in the trees, he would turn around so all people could see them no matter which side you sat on. We saw sloths and two kinds of monkeys and water birds.

View All 82 The Tortuguero Canals Reviews
Harvest Caye

This area was beautiful and only for Norwegian. The beach are was large and beautiful with many lounge chairs available for free. We zip-lined here.

Beach

The beach area was clean and well tended. Plenty of covered lounge chairs. The water was brown as they had a bad storm a few days earlier and it turned up the water. Other areas on our drive didn't have this problem. Drinks were included.

gcgibbs