3. Grand Princess
We chose this cruise because of the experience and just the need to see some warm weather. This ship was fresh out of dry dock, which was used as an excuse for everything that was WRONG with the ship. Usually when something is in for refresh, repair, or general maintenance, it should come out fully functional and complete. Not so with this ship. Several cabins didn’t even have hot water for most of the cruise. There were issues just about every where on the ship. From bathroom plumbing, lights flickering, ceiling tiles sagging, and much more. Was it a total mess? Not really. The ship overall was pretty decent, but it really should have been so much more. Food - generally, the food was average. It is surprising they don’t have more Mexican food on a Mexican cruise. Easiest way to get people in the mood of where they are going is through their stomach. Service varied depending on whether or not a supervisor was nearby. Amazing service usually meant there was at least one supervisor within eyeshot. There were times we would watch the waiter ask people all around us if they needed anything and skip us. And the reaction I’d get when I ordered just a soda was one of annoyance. Movie under the stars - This iMax movie experience is actually pretty nice. A throw back to the drive in theatre. One complaint I tend to have about entertainment on most cruises is they tend to be very short. Went to a trivia show and it lasted about 25 minutes. Music acts would go for 30-45 minutes and then quit. And why do DJ’s play the same 5 songs throughout a cruise? Really can only listen to the Cupid Shuffle so many times before you get really tired of it.

Unfinished from Dry Dock

Grand Princess Cruise Review by TheBearAK

TheBearAK’s Full Rating Summary
Get Grand Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB 723B
while others were having a lot of issues with their "fresh out of dry dock" staterooms, ours seemed to be mostly okay. I had to fix a couple things, which were basically just putting them back together. For example, the bathroom door friction stopper was not screwed together. Just reached up and put it back together. Another thing was the knobs on one of the night stands fell off. Fortunately, I had brought a swiss-army knife and was able to put them back on easily enough. Basically, we left the stateroom in better condition than when we got there. ps: The new TVs are nice. They do have HDMI port on the back. Kind of hard to get to, but it is there. I plugged my iPod into it and watched movies at night.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins