3. Navigator of the Seas
An excellent check-in process (thanks to online registration) was later quickly forgotten when I found notes in my suitcase saying that Security had confiscated my 6-outlet power surge cord and my rare Olive Oil. When I protested these items to Guest Relations, they immediately offered a single outlet extension cord (8’ orange heavy duty) for power, and explained that the Olive Oil was a “prohibited Item.” I asked where it was prohibited because I certainly didn’t remember seeing such a warning, but she had no answer and no sympathy. When I asked where the suggestion box for the Hotel Manager was located, I was told that the only way to interact with him was to personally complain to the Guest Relations representatives (CSRs) who would enter it into the computer. Really? The last thing I want to do on a cruise is to have to wait in line to solve a problem I didn’t create. It’s a very outdated business model. RCI advertises the best WiFi at sea, but it’s still terrible. I made the mistake of thinking I could work in the library using e-mail to transfer files to/from my company. Regular Outlook would not function at all; probably due to “closed Ports” according to my IT department. My company’s Outlook Web Mail worked; but was very slow. Best case, it typically took 8-15 minutes to email or upload a 5-6 MB Excel or Word file (typically containing a dozen small photos). There was only one IT guy to help with WiFi log-on issues, and he only worked 8-hour shifts. Oh, they did have a couple of extra people occasionally standing at the help desk; but they only had very basic knowledge and could not help me. Being a healthy eater, I asked the attendant at the Gluten-Free salad station, where the Olive Oil and Vinegar were located. I was told there was only the “house dressings” available. A day later, I found those items located on a display with the steak sauces and condiments. Talk about a clueless staff! Butter? For breakfast on the first day, I picked up a pat of butter and took it to the table. The expiration date was 3/27/19, which was one year from the manufacture date. Since the 27th was only a few days away, I handed the pat to one of two restaurant managers that were apparently “supervising.” His response was that there were still a few days before expiration. So, I asked him why eating year old food did not seem wrong to him, but he simply protested that they had several days remaining. After the 27th, they were still serving the butter. And that’s why I like to bring my own olive oil.

Year Old Butter, Confiscated Personal Items, No Complaint Box

1jmcdonald1cc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 7D 1536
Cabin was fine. No Issues. Excellent steward and cabin service.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins