3. Disney Wonder
We sailed on the Wonder 10 years ago with our then 1 year old and had the most glorious time. We had since cruised on both the Fantasy and Allure of the Seas, so it’s interesting to compare experiences. The Wonder feels very small compared with those larger ships. I love that it’s quick to get anywhere on board. We never felt particularly crowded except around the pool. We all felt the ships movement much more than the larger ships but overall I quite liked the size. Just wish there was more space around the pool!! I LOVE the magical Disney touches. Disney music piped in the halls, the horn’s tune, entertainment, themed restaurants. It seemed like most people on the cruise were there primarily for the Disney-ness of it all. Service was good. Not as over the top as it was 10 years ago but still good. We had two major disappointments. Our kids hated the kids club! I couldn’t believe it. Especially my daughter who loves participation in kids activities. She said she couldn’t understand the staff because of their accents. Second was the wifi. My hubby needs to stay connected for work so he bought the highest package of 1000 MB that claimed “will suit all needs including streaming shows”. What a joke! He burned through that in just a couple days of periodic email checking and one hour’s worth of work. And yes, he logged out of the wifi each time. It was also insanely slow. We had perfect wifi when we cruised on the Allure so assumed it would be similar.

Wonderful but ship is aging

Disney Wonder Cruise Review by Dmrogers11

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Service was good. Not as over the top as it was 10 years ago but still good.

Dmrogers11’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 06A 7026
I’m a crazy Disney lady, so it takes a lot for me to be critical of Disney. I was not impressed with our stateroom. Perhaps it’s the age of the ship and the rooms need a major renovation.

It was all in good repair, but not super clean. Years of dirt are building up in the corners and there were smears on the walls, mirror, above the top bunk. It needs a major deep cleaning!

Other than that, this was a good stateroom in terms of location. Easy access to both mid and fwd elevators/stairs. The ship is pretty small so you can get anywhere pretty quickly. No excessive noise. We had good views when coming in to Cabo.

Bed super comfy and our stateroom attendant kept our linens fresh.

I’m also not a huge fan of the split bathroom. I would prefer one larger bathroom.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins