Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by TravelinFieldGuy

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Overall, we had a good time, but I'm not sure I would do it again anytime soon. Here are some thoughts:

=> Boarding was quick and easy, even though we were early (12 noon arrived for a 1pm reservation)

=> The crew was friendly, every time.

=> Meals were decent, but not great. The 'Chef’s Table' is seriously overrated, and we would not do it again. Our chef leader (Anthony) was pompous and not fun, which made the whole experience a lot less fun. the food was great, if ‘over processed’ foodie fancy stuff.

=> This is definitely a party boat, that draws a middle class crowd, that sometimes gets drunken and messy. The good side of this is that it's a much younger crowd and only a little bit geriatric. If you want well behaved, take one of those nice boats with the old folks.

=> We did not do any of their excursions and didn’t need to. Carts in Avalon were fun and easy, and the botanical garden was great. I did a hike on my own in Encenada, which was fun.

=> The breakfasts at the Mardi Gras dining hall were much better than the buffet.

=> What's up with the coffee?! Embarrassingly weak. Pathetic.

=> The 'Deep Blue Soul' band was quite good! Their base player is AMAZING!

=> The shows were solid, if not stellar.

=> Standing in line is no fun, but it really wasn’t that bad most of the time.

=> We each brought a bottle of wine on board, and were not hassled at all.

TravelinFieldGuy's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U34

Perfectly adequate. Plenty of room for two. Our cabin attendant was great. Being almost all the way forward, traffic was quite light, which kept the party noise down. Being forward, it gets a bit more rocking, but no big deal for me. My wife was a little queasy at one point in some bad weather, but not for long.

TravelinFieldGuy