Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

Celebrity Edge Cruise Review by 7201M

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda

For those of you that are getting ready to go on the Edge, or thinking about booking, pay no attention to the negative reviews. I made the mistake about worrying about them but I wasted time doing that. This ship is the most spectacular thing I have seen in the way of design in a long, long time. It is different than what other cruise ships (traditional) have to offer. But it is so much more. There was a magic on this ship. Really. In the design, the shows, the staff, and the food. The food was several times better than I expected. The new concept with 4 main dining room options was ingenious. Loved it. They all seemed to be competing to get you to go to their restaurant. Service was better than perfect in these dining rooms. Specialty dining took it even higher. Wow.

The oceanview buffet is visually stunning. The food was exquisite. Better designed space with spectacular views of the ocean 360 degrees. They have opened the space up a bit and made it feel like a cleaner space. The flow of traffic around the buffets is much better than other ships I have been on. Very efficient. And they make the bread right there, every day.

Let me talk about the shows. Yes, they are different. But who said different is bad??? I think some folks are resistant to change. Let me start with Eden. This place blew me away. The environment was so amazing we went there every night - just to have drinks at the bar. The show (if you pay attention to it) and you allow yourself to feel it, is a spiritual experience. Really. Some folks aren't ready for that. But Eden is a marvel of sights, sounds, smells, and tastes that is unmatched anywhere I have ever been. I have never seen such a dedicated group of performance artists. Period. This place speaks to the soul (if you let it). Just go there and relax. Drink it in (literally). Smell the wood posts. Talk to the bartenders.

Hype was a show that really brought down the house. These folks blew us away. High energy, fun, heart racing performance. Gotta see this.

For those looking for the "traditional" cruise experience, you may want to go elsewhere. There's nothing traditional about this ship, or the experience. I will go back again, for sure. This has become my favorite ship. You're gonna love it.

7201M's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Class Stateroom with Veranda
Cabin C3 11230

The cabin was really really nice. The larger bathroom and shower was a welcome change. I no longer feel cramped in the bathroom, and you can actually have two people in there at the same time. There was way more storage space than I expected. The infinite veranda is a novel concept. I personally wouldn't opt for it again. I would either get a suite with a full balcony, or an ocean view room. It's not really a balcony. As many have said, it doesn't have that outdoor feel that a balcony has. The cabin was clean and the attendant was excellent. There are lots of high-tech lighting features that are really fun to play with. The room service was excellent.

7201M