We had a guarantee in the superior vranda category and were quite surprised when we finally got our stateroom number (SY 5002 ) 2 days before the cruise. Surprised because we thought that all of the superior veranda suites were on deck 6 or 8 on the Noordam , and our romm was on deck 5. As it turned out 5002 is one of 4 SY category rooms on deck 5 . They are in the corners of the ship and are handicap accessible. Our room was at the front of the ship on the port side . It was huge . Bigger than the hotel room we had just left in Ft . Lauderdale . It had a window in the front of the ship as well as the veranda on the side. We loved all the extra room. The room was spotless and our cabin stewards , Waula and Romy did a great job . The Noordam has the happiest crew of any ship we have seen . Not one disgruntled worker could be found and all service was cheerful and with a smile . Dining room meals were of excellent quality , and we like the "smaller" portions they have now. Always felt full anyway. If you want more just ask. The "open seating " was the only thing available so we made the best of it and tried a different table with a different number of people each night . We ate at tables for 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10. Kind of fun . The Pinnacle grille was good , but not really exceptional . My wife's filet mignon was very good , but really just a thicker version of the dining room filet. I had a porterhouse , which I would not have gotten in the dining room . It was good , but not great , just about the same as I would have grilled at home. Pinnacle was a nice alternative for one night but I don't know if we would bother with it again. Room service coffee ( and very good ) was a delight to wake up to each morning followed by a trip to the Lido for fresh cooked eggs or omeletes. Lunch was usually at the Lido and everything was very fresh and good. Captain Mateboer seems like a nice person and spent a lot of time with the passengers answering questions. All the crew were great , especially the casino crew who really did a great job. Entertainment was good with 2 comediennes , a singer , and the regular singers and dancers . The itinerary was excellent , and the weather in March was great in the southern caribbean . 80's every day . And no rain at all made it perfect. Embarkation and disembarkation were smooth as could be and evrything on the Noordam seemed to run efficiently and on schedule. I even found the people at the front desk to be delightful to deal with , which was a nice change from some other ships . We liked the Noordam so much we may sail on her again next year , even though we usually try a different ship each year. If any one has any questions my email is F4180@aol.com

Sail A Happy Ship