3. Carnival Splendor
I chose this cruise because I wanted to do a 7 day cruise that was close to home, I only live about 35 min from Long Beach Port... I also enjoy the ports visited as well. I chose the time of year because knowing from previous trips down here how hot it can get, but I hit it just right, seemed like ports were no more than 78 degrees during day, with little humidity. Embarkation was the easiest ever, i mean ever!!! I got there at terminal at 11, the time i had picked - there was 2, yes 2 people ahead of me at the security checkpoint - went thru there in about 3 minutes, then they told me they were already boarding (way early) at 11:10, so i literally got to terminal and walked in like non stop to board ship, Great!!! Also, Important to note, if you are somewhat challenged or get short of breath easy, you have an option to take a elevator up to top level so you can get to embarkation gangway, because there are 3 long ramps to walk up. After 23 cruises with carnival I'm going to just give you some random thought about things that are different, or changes that I have noticed. FOOD INFO : For drinks at bars, many drinks, you will have to ask for a straw now, unless you buy a slushly type of drink, like your pina coladas, or daiquiris....So yeah, for soda, they will not give you a straw automatically.. The Deli : Its changed, and not for the better... They used to have a little grill there, where they can put your sandwiches in there and grill (toast) it for you, Gone. Now they have like a convection oven, takes LONGER WAIT, and makes your sandwich bread STIFF as a board to eat, Also gone, are their rolls, which I had loved for my pastrami sandwiches .. A disappointment since i love to eat there. Mongolian Wok : Always seems to be a big hit, remember its only open for 3-4 hrs a day... Also, if you like your noodles soft, ask them to cook longer... Last time I didn't know, and the noodles were kinda hard. BBQ : Upstairs, not frequented much by guests at all, a pity.. they serve bbq (grilled, you add your own sauce) chicken, some brisket, and pork... I think it would be a bigger hit if they had ribs... But its nice and quite up there, if you'd like to take your food up there. Breakfast : I always got to breakfast about 11:10am, cause I like to sleep in, but on this cruise anyway at that time, there was never any more than 7 people in line ahead of me which was cool. If your an egg eater, they have the regular watery (not less cooked that is) but watery soupy scrambled eggs....Or you could go to the egg station for an omelet... Just note, most if not everyone were getting omelets cooked to order, they can also order over easy eggs, most didn't cause most were getting omelets.. Bacon greasy usual, the sausage links looked as usual, like they are uncooked ( NOT THE CASE), while we're used to frying them at home with brown grill marks, carnival i think steam cook them, give them the lack luster appearance of being uncooked, and usually not hot. Burger Grill : Sad there is no Guys Burgers on this ship, they still haven't upgraded to Carnival 2.0.. But other than that, burgers are good, meaty patty... If your someone who doesn't like or can have cheese, by default, they make 99% of their burgers with cheese... Ask for a regular burger! The fries seemed to have changed as well too, I think they are better, and a little fatter than the past. Pizza Station : Pizza was good, if you like paper thin pizza with light sauce. This station can get backed up, I would go there during off hours, cause the line can be long, and time consuming!! Crew : Friendly as you would expect, helpful. Some of the casino dealers can be pretty cold - SOME, are not friendly talkative or fun.. They are all business, matter of fact style... Like just deal the cards as fast as possible and don't ask questions!, I said SOME! The one indian guy who works casino cashier was very nice, so pleasant, give him a promotion!!!!! And by the way, on this cruise anyway, the casino wasn't smokey at all, seems like they fixed ventilation, and i'm not a smoker. Ship : Music was everywhere and plentiful, lots of open seating everywhere. Still have those gawdy pink donuts everywhere. Dining room : Was good, as usual, friendly dining staff... The braised beef (pot roast ?) was to die for... But one night, got it sliced in chunks, another night it was one who piece together, hmmm ?? The roasted chicken was to die for too, loved it. I love their little breads too. CHEERS! Package : Yeah, I got that again... kinda wish I didn't this time... With all the food and then water milk juices at breakfast, and your two cokes a day, and the fact you want to have in mind to break even with your six $9.50 drinks per day, it can get kinda much. For ME, I said ME, I will just get the bubbles package, and buy drinks as I want them, and not try to "break even" and force in drinks.. Thats what would work best for ME, anyway. Stateroom : Nothing new here, I always seem to get too hot in the night with all the blankets, and yes, a/c is turned on all the way... and then when i remove blankets, i get cold... Also, they FINALLY got plastic laundry bags, instead of the flimsy paper ones, bout time!! Room service... I ordered the wings from their new pay section... They are like wing stop... kinda chewy and rubbery... I like softer wings... anyway, you choose the sauce and it comes with 8 pieces, all flats... comes with carrot and celery sticks Debarkation : Usual slow pace... They now no longer give you a customs form to fill out, which is a good change... There is something to be aware of though.... As you are leaving and going down to the long line to get your luggage, you are walked in a huge line that is in a circle, and they have a small litle opening to go in and get your luggage, if you miss that,you will just stay in the line up to the customs officer and you will have to go back and get your luggage. So just be aware of this, cause they don't let you know,, YOU have to be aware of it. Well thats about it, have a good cruise

My relaxing Mex Riveria cruise

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by southbayer

Well thats about it, have a good cruise
southbayer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Splendor price drops

Cabin was ready when i boarded early because I am Platinum... The floor was unvacuumed cause there was lint particles on the floor, and some tiny debris on the deak... I told me steward, and she took care of it quik. Other than that, a pleasant ocean view room.
  Carnival Splendor Deck Plans