3. Pride of America
We chose a family cruise to make memories together. We met in Honolulu before the cruise to be sure we had no difficulty embarking. Half of us had not experienced Hawaii. Half of us had spent leisurely time on Oahu and Kauai in the past and lived in the tropics. The cruise was very busy. It felt hectic and crowded except midday when most guests were ashore. By mid-cruise, the patterns in the dining spaces were more obvious to be able to select less-busy times. The food was plentiful with variety and quality in the Aloha buffet. One should make reservations in the general seating restaurants before sailing if possible. The one specialty restaurant that was visited was comparable to a shore restaurant and nothing special. The cruise director was personable and available. I found the guest services people poorly informed about anything beyond the gangplank. I recommend the cruise line hire a tour expert to assist guests going ashore. The entertainment was average but this is a "go ashore" water bus. The spaces were clean and the crew personable and efficient. There is a septic smell mid-ship of which the staff is aware. The ship is maintained and had on-going maintenance in progress. Because it is an island hopping cruise, don't forget to add the expense of shore excursions (either ship-sponsored) or otherwise, rental car/transportation and food ashore. Beverages are very expensive. Cocktails for two was typically $28 with a drink of the day and well liquor before "additional tip". A service charge is added to the price of the drink and then there is an additional line for "tip" which ship's company says is for "extra service". Shore access in Maui is a 2-mile walk. Kauai shore access is very convenient for walkers. Kona is a 6-minute tender ride. We had no mishaps, bad weather, or cause for complaint. I cannot imagine not having a room with a balcony to get away from the hustle. Our sail around the Napali Coast was spectacular. Book port side if you wish to stay in your stateroom. There was plenty of room topside for viewing. The ship turns away fairly quickly. We booked the Pearl Harbor to hotel event and enjoyed a bus ride to Punch Bowl Cemetery and around the City. Staying an extra day gave better airline connections. There was nothing objectionable about the service. It is a very expensive cruise. It has a "popular" feel as compared to my other experience on Princess Lines which I felt was a better value. I would not take this cruise again and would caution that it is too hectic to feel the romance of the tropics.

Busiest Vacation Ever

HumpDaze’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC 11030
Just right. The bathroom is tight, of course. I had a thermal spa pass which gave me access to a large shower. I recommend the $100 embarkation price or even $20 a day for the larger space if one is "abundant". The pass also gives anytime access to meditation room and saunas which I needed to get away from the crowd. The bed was comfortable although not "luxurious" with space beneath for luggage. This cabin is an "obstructed view" but we did not find this to be a problem. We chose the room for the connecting door. It is conveniently located near the elevator. I feared it was too close to the pool but Deck 11 is easy access to Aloha dining as well as the pool.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins