3. Carnival Imagination
For our first cruise my wife and I were a little scared to do a long cruise. What if one of us gets sea sick easily, or can't stand being cramped in a cabin, or we get bored. So to play it safe we chose one of the shortest cruises we can find. Being in SoCal we are also lucky that Long Beach is a short drive away. In any case we chose one of the 3 Day Baja Mexico cruises - known for college kids wanting to get drunk in Mexico. I guess if we had a choice between a ship full of college kids or a ship full of retirees we'd rather have the college kids anyways. Turns out the ship had a good mix of people with families, college kids, older people, etc. Probably on the younger side I would say judging from some videos I saw of the recent cruise in Norway that got disabled and passengers had to be rescued with helicopters off the ship. In any case I didn't want to get a cabin with an ocean view or a balcony on this first cruise. We had to make it the worst possible cabin to see if we could survive. And definitely no problems having an interior. We didn't miss not having a window to the outside world at all. We basically used the room for sleeping in and getting changed for the day, that was it. We hung out on the ship most of the day, either watching shows, playing games, doing auctions, sitting on the decks outside, etc. We had plenty of activities to do on our short 3 night cruise. Our cabin was on Main Deck, which is Deck 5, two decks below the boarding deck Empress. We were mid / aft which was good because the dining areas were right above us two floors. Easy to get to and without any noise. A lot of activities on Imagination are more Forward so we would have a small walk forward to get to the activities but not too bad. I think we would probably try to get Mid Ship if we sailed in the future. Our Steward was great and recognized my wife and I every morning. Room was always cleaned and cute little towel animals left every day. We left all of our electronics out with no problems - didn't feel a need to put anything in the safe. Dining was hit or miss. For the price we paid we can't complain and we enjoyed the food. But picky people beware, the buffet is probably more of an average buffet rather than a higher priced buffet. In addition the food during the evening dinners was good but not something that will blow your socks off. The wait staff at dinner was excellent and we enjoyed the food but it was a little hit or miss. Some dishes were excellent and others were okay, nothing spectacular. Either way - a great first time cruise option to see how well you can handle being on a ship for several days.

First cruise was a pleasant surprise, tons of fun and activities and great staff

Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by Amdaxiom

Amdaxiom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Imagination price drops

• Ensenada
    Bufadora was a great experience - walking down a street full of vendors was a different, unique experience. We tried things like Corn on the cob, fish tacos, huge Clams with smothered in shrimp and cheese. Great experience and worth the money.
    View All 0 Ensenada Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Ensenada Cruise Port Review
  • Ensenada
    Cited as an excursion to an animal sanctuary that helps raise funds to help tigers and exotic animals who are abandoned by individuals or their moms. You can pay extra to play with tiger cubs or grown tigers / jaguars and they have tequila tasting, wine tasting, shopping, etc. Kind of like fancy tourist shops I would say.

Didn't feel so great about the experience afterwards but it was only 10 bucks more in combination with the Bufadora experience. Felt a little too touristy and a stop to make money off of tourists at their shops, etc. But the location was brand new and the interior was done very well - everything about the facilities was top notch (except the lack of running water).
    View All 0 Ensenada Cruise Port Reviews