Celebrity Edge Cruise Review

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda

1) I chose this cruise as it was an Atlantis charter for gays & lesbians

2) Celebrity has had better food on other cruise I have taken with them. There were a few entrees that were not at their best on this cruise. I liked the 4 smaller dining rooms on this ship - there is no large grand dining room. My complaint on the traditional large dining rooms is that I always got my wine after the entree, in the smaller dining rooms on this ship I was served immediately (we dined at 6:30 pm when the dining room was opened). The strange thing about service is that the water is poured out of the pitcher from the side, not through the spout, which caused water to go onto the floor! Be sure the server is not near any valuables that need to be kept dry, like your camera!

3) The shops, to name some, are very upmarket - Bulgari, Tiffany & more. We were invited to look at a man's watch priced at $12,000 as an example. Clothing in the shop was also very expensive. I stay away from the "art" gallery auctions on cruise ships as I don't think they are the best place to buy art.

4) I enjoyed the crew show in Eden. I recommend going with the flow & enjoy it. It is a very strange experience but don't leave too soon & you might really enjoy it.

5) The theater is quite an experience with the room almost completely wired with lights. I particularly enjoyed the live band. This is not the usual stage veteran cruisers are used to.

6) I visited the spa for a massage in the hope of relieving back pain. The massage was quite vigorous (the masseur asked as to how much pressure I wanted). It was a full body massage. Unfortunately there was some hard sell after the massage to get me to buy products to take home - a big turn-off for me.

7) I did not take a shore excursion as I have been to the ports previously. My cabin mate was pleased with the excursions that he took

Jerry of San Francisco's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda
Cabin 1B 8135

The cabin is quite beautiful. There are about 35 of this configuration with large circular ports on the balcony, the room separated by a glass sliding door. These cabins are at the front & back of the ship which means more movement which did not bother us. We both had motion sickness patches. These are more like the traditional cabins & not like most of the cabins with the Infinity Cabins. The circular glass door to the shower was really quite nice. I found it difficult to find an accurate picture of the cabin. I have included one.

Key West

We walked off of the ship & walked about Key West. The town is quite lovely with lots of shops, bars & restaurants. And the walk is free!

Jerry of San Francisco