• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Sir Cumference
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Balcony Stateroom with Bath/Shower

An excellent cruise to the Arctic Circle in search of the Northern Lights. Whilst I did not see the lights, this did not, in any way, detract from a very enjoyable experience.Excellent embarkation procedure - I was in my cabin well before my allocated time. The cabin was ready waiting for me and was well looked after by my steward. I had first sitting club dining and was served by two very attentive waiters. The food was of a good standard and I ate in the Beach House on two occasions - and enjoyed it thoroughly. I didn't go to the theatre shows and so can not comment on them. We made a "maiden" call into Narvik but I wasn't impressed. Also Bergan was substituted with Hargusand (?sp) - again not impressed. However, Alta was wonderful!! The scenery and excursions were brilliant - I went to the Ice Hotel and it was a never-to-be-forgotten experience - and another item off my bucket list. We called at Stavanger on the way home and I found it an interesting place to wander around on my own. The disembarkation process was seamless - I simply waited in the Crows Nest until an announcement was made asking all remaining passengers to disembark then wandered leisurely down to the gangway, through the baggage reclaim and on to the car park - no crowds, no hassle - all very civilised. All-in-all, I enjoyed the cruise so much that I have booked to go again on the same cruise in 2020.

Balcony Stateroom with Bath/Shower

Well appointed and well serviced

Find an Aurora Cruise