3. Regal Princess
We chose this sailing as it was a good value for a spring break escape with our granddaughters. It was our 47th cruise, but first for our 6 year old and 2nd for our 9 year old. The entire experience was very different from what we normally do / enjoy on cruises as a couple. Our focus was for the children to have a good time. As detailed in specific section, our mini-suite was awesome! Our stateroom attendant Ryan was excellent. We sailed the Eastern Caribbean for the upmteenth time. I carefully selected excursions that our girls would enjoy. For convenience and safety, I booked them directly with the cruise line. In St Thomas we did Coral World. I would absolutely recommend the facility for a fun and educational experience. The tour guide was very informative and wonderful with the girls. After the excursion, guests have the opportunity to swim at Coki Beach. I was prepared with swimsuits, but my kids didn't want to leave the touch tank. The other feature they particularly enjoyed as the aviary and feeding the birds. HOWEVER, next time I would NOT book with the cruise line. As has always been my frustration with cruise line excursions, there was far too much waiting in line. We checked in at the pier a few minutes before the scheduled time, then waited in the hot sun for at least a 1/2 hour; then they crammed us like sardines into open air taxes for the 1/2 hour ride to Coral World. The tour ended by 1pm, but our ride back wasn't until 2:30pm. It was too much time to hang out at the touch tank but not enough time to do the beach. Once again we WAITED for a painfully long time while other guest finally decided to come to the taxi. In retrospect, I'd suggest taxis leave as each one fills up. It was hot, boring and a waste of time. Take a cab. In St Maarten we booked the airport snorkel tour and everything was BRILLIANT. We had a minimal wait time, no bus, just walked to the boat (at the water taxi pier.) We had a pleasant boat ride to Maho Bay. The crew dropped a floating dock off the side of the boat for easy access to the water. They provided floatation belts and snorkel gear for those who wanted it. It was a wonderful experience we all enjoyed and would do again. The crew were great; they announced each plane as we could barely see it approaching. It's not quite the same as watching from the beach, but wasn't as noisy or intimidating either. On board you can order food and/or drink at very reasonable prices. We had main dining with a table for four. Probably because we had children we were assigned a table "in the corner." We were directed to the table the first evening with that specific description. A few nights into the cruise, I had noticed a table by the window that had not been occupied and asked about it. They told me it was assigned to a party but they hadn't showed up, so we were delighted when they moved our table number over there for our 5:30pm dining. Our server apparently got sick mid-cruise and we were given another one, so nobody learned our preferences...one of the reasons we prefer assigned dining. Our meals in the dining room were always very good; we actually never chose an entrée from the always available selection. We encouraged our 9 year old to try things from the adult menu and she loved doing so! One evening she said "Mamie, when I order from the adult menu I don't feel like being sassy!" OK, then! We did have dinner on the Lido Deck both formal nights because...I left one suitcase tucked safely in our master closet at home during the chaos of loading the car. It held all of the mine and the girls' formal attire. We didn't realize until we were sorting bags for the porter to take. We made one quick emergency trip to a store as I struggled to remember what else was in that bag. We managed without formal attire, still got some great pictures and didn't go hungry. We loved our two breakfasts in the dining room and wish we had had more time to do that every day. We had room service more on this cruise than all other 47 cruises combined, but the girls loved dining on the balcony...close quarters and all. Horizon Court offered much more quantity than quality, but it was fine. I was very pleased that the grill now uses real cheese rather than plastic wrapped singles they had on our transatlantic. The girls loved having pizza and we all had too much of it. The "ice cream" is extremely poor quality and I won't touch it, but the girls liked it. My husband and I love going to the evening shows, but went only four nights together (one with the girls) and he went alone the final night to Bravo, which I have seen before and don't like. Everyone loved Sweet Soul Music and the adults absolutely loved Born to Dance. Comedian Steve Caouette, two nights in a row, was FANTASTIC!!! We took our girls to Camp Discovery the first afternoon so they could see the area, meet the counselors and get the schedule. There were a lot of kids on board due to it being spring break. Our girls wanted to go there every time the doors were open, but we negotiated family activities and pool time to keep them from being in programming all the time. We were very pleased with the variety offered to the kids and how much ours enjoyed it. The children's pool is too small for spring break! And we experienced issues with a couple older kids pushing and bullying. I sat right on the edge while mine were swimming and sternly advised the three particular problem boys not to put one finger on the little kids. They quickly learned to go to the family pool when my kids were there. My girls also enjoyed the family pool (ranges from 5'3" to 7'3") while we were in it with them. MUTS offered only two family movies, but not at times that worked for us to see them. There were way too many concerts (CUTS?) but at least the volume wasn't as loud as it had been on the Royal in December. We are disappointed our girls didn't get to experience MUTS...maybe next time. Overall, it was a wonderful time. We'd absolutely do it again and purchased Future Cruise Certificates for that purpose.

Absolutely wonderful time on the Regal Princess Spring Break w/Granddaughters.

Regal Princess Cruise Review by GottaLuvCruising

Ages 16+
Get Regal Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC M522
Fantastic! We loved the extra space of the mini-suite. Location was ideal for us; one deck below pools and Horizon Court and two decks below children's programming. The tub was great as we had two children with us. Being able to access the balcony with the sofabed and Pullman in use was excellent. But the BEST feature is that the lido deck provides a "roof" that extends far beyond our balcony so we could use it protected from the sun almost all the time. Balcony was small as compared to what we have had with prior mini-suites.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins