3. National Geographic Orion
I thought this expedition was fantastic in every respect. It was very educational with the lecturers by the naturalists and photographers. The Orion hotel staff and cruise were helpful and friendly at all times as were the naturalists and photographers. I met a fantastic group of people from many parts of the world. Antarctica was nothing short of spectacular particularly the colour of the ice against the various aspects of the sun and the wildlife. The wildlife and the story of Shackleton on South Georgia was incredible as was the history of the Falkland Islands. I am vision impaired and I had a huge challenge to convince those in charge of this expedition that I am capable of doing this expedition on my own. I am proud that I have been able to do this on my own and want to encourage Lindblad and National Geographic to see how they can make their expeditions more accessible for people with a disability and to ensure that if a person with a disability applied for one of their expeditions that they are not pre judged on whether they are able to do the expedition or not but look at how this can be done and providing the traveller with vital facts so that an informed decision on travel can be made in the first place. In most instances minor adjustments are all that are required. Well done to all.

A very educational and captivating experince

National Geographic Orion Cruise Review by natalecutri

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Antarctica
natalecutri’s Full Rating Summary
Get Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Orion price drops

Cabin was very comfortable and spacious and cleaned thoroughly twice a day. The hotel staff were courteous at all times. We had a variety of delicious dishes prepared for us with not only daily meals but morning and afternoon tea as well. Embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly. Overall an educational and magical experience.