3. Empress of the Seas
We choose this cruise because the original itinerary included Santiago, Cuba. Last November we were on the Holland America Veendam and sailed to Havana and Cienfuego. Havana is a large city and we decided another trip (plus Santiago) was of interest to us. As it turned out after 49 cruise with 8 different cruise company this was definitely out worse cruise. Not sure when Santiago, Cuba was cancelled and replaced with the Cayman Islands we could not tender into Santiago. But we did accept that. However, the cruise itself was just short of a disaster and like others we were happy to disembark March 25. To start the cabins are tiny and we ended up with bunk beds over our own. Not much room to move but my wife did bump her head twice. The news channels on the TV were not available until the last three days and even then half the time the picture and sound was frozen. No movies in the cabin to watch and only 2 that were shown up on the top deck. The Windjammer cafe was always jammed with people eating overcook food. The windows all around the ship were dirty which ruins the views of the seas. I finally hit the ceiling when I order a package of 3 wines and after the first bottle was told I had to have of one of each of he three choices. I fought that one out until the Director of Food and Beverages relented and allowed us to have a second bottle of the one we preferred. The food in the dining room was mediocre at best. What a tremendous difference between our Cuban cruise on the Veendam and the just concluded trip on the Empress of the Seas. NEVER AGAIN will we sail with Royal Caribbean.

Avoid the Empress of the Seas....worst cruise of 49 total

gonron42’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin 4N 7666
Much too tiny with a TV that had no movies and for the most part no news. Lots of adds for Royal Caribbean. Also ran out of shampoo in the shower and was told that it was not longer available. Was given a small container of shampoo. Two bunk beds over our bed with little room to get in or our at night.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Suite Cabins