3. Norwegian Epic
We choose this cruise because the schedule worked for my daughters spring break from school and we have sailed Norwegian before and had a good experience on past cruises. This one, however, was pretty terrible, first off, it was a 'full ship' and that is all well and good if they were prepared for a full ship. The check-in proton was pretty smooth but you could tell the agents checking you in were running at full capacity and a few extra windows open could have sped things along a bit and lightened the workload of the agents that were there. Once on the ship, it was apparent that ALL the shows and entitlement was sold out on the touch screen displays and this was seconds after boarding. We booked the Cirque show weeks in advance or would have had no shows what-so-ever. The onboard staff seemed very overwhelmed and disorganized and we were told 'don't worry it'll be smoother in a few days'. We had also booked reservation weeks in advance for the Manhattan Room for our first night of dining that mysteriously disappeared. The specialty restaurants were booked and impossible to get into. Shows that couldn't be booked ahead of time like the Escape the Big Top was somehow booked up the instant we walked on the ship, to note a port of call was canceled (Great Stirrup Cay) and an additional Escape the Big Top for that day was added for 10 am and could only be booked through the box office which didn't open until 10 am :\ The Cabin was very tight and it did not have a bathroom, it had a shower and a toilet that was separate and at the entry door to the cabin. I am 6'5" and nearly 300lbs and I could not close the toilet door when I sat down. The shower and toilet area had a curtain you could draw in order to help with privacy but didn't do much. The bed was too short and my legs hung off making it impossible to get a decent night sleep. Dining staff's attitude varied greatly, some did their jobs well and made the service fun some could have cared less and basically tossed plates on the table and didn't interact. In summary, this was by far the worst Norwegian cruise I've been on, it was my third and most likely my last.

Not a very good experience...

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by MedicTim78

MedicTim78’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BB 9188
Awful, small, no privacy when showering or using the toilet, bed too short.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Coral World Tour
    Small but interesting place, good for younger kids and families. My daughter who is 10 enjoyed it but it was probably not stimulating enough to keep her full attention.
    As far as the island itself, very developed with American fast food chains and stores, felt like I was in any Florida city or town.
    View All 76 Coral World Tour Reviews
  • Tortola
    Raw and real, this was my favorite stop, it wasn't as developed as St. Thomas and had a really good feel to this island. Took a guided taxi tour of the island and saw most of it. I would recommend an island taxi tour and get a knowledgable local to show you around. they still have some work to do in terms of clean up from tropical storms that decimated the islands.
    View All 1,388 Tortola Cruise Port Reviews