• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom
underwater scooter

We travelled on 30 January for a 10 day Polynesian cruise on the ms marina and what should have been the trip I dreamed off turned completely bad due to incompetent staff. I like to warn future travelers to have a good medical insurance, lucky we had one. But honestly I felt shy to present these bills to the insurance.

We were totally ripped off by the medical center. I understand that everybody likes to make money but there are limits. I was treated for a dry cough and difficulty to bread (saturation of 92) for 6 days by intravenous with wrong antibiotics. They even checked blood twice and made chest x rays. The doctor was unable to give the correct diagnosis after a bill of 13000 US!!!

The nurses are doing a great job but about the doctor I have my doubts about his capacity to do the job. He advised on disembarkation to visit another doctor, I should have appreciated if he should have offered that earlier, we could have disembarked in Moorea or Bora Bora and fly back to Papeete.

Verandah Stateroom

Cabin B3

The cabin is moreless like a hotel room with all necessary items available.

Thank you to the staff who cleaned daily the cabin well

4 Helpful Votes