3. Celebrity Summit
I live not so far from Bayonne's port, and I spend a good portion of my Sundays watching the Summit come in and out. I've had the pleasure of cruising with her twice (my third in July of 2019) and i have seen her pre-, post-solstice upgrades and now (excitingly) will see her revolutionized. In all of this i must say for her age, she looks good. First and foremost you will be welcomed in Bayonne by some brilliant people, from the luggage people to the security staff at the pre-boarding area everyone has a friendly smile and no, they dont look like they hate their job. Check-in is so smooth, and believe it or not, we made it the most difficult one possible. We didnt have our E-docs, NO PROBLEM! No passport? NO PROBLEM! the staff was patient and so so helpful even without these documents (although i suggest everyone use edocs and passports it IS easier). Right from there (which we waited all of 5 minutes for security then we were on our way) right onto the ship, and since the first time we went on was a difference. in 2014 they were still using Deck 1 for onboarding THIS TIME we got to use the giant gangways right up. The staff again very kind, very quick, before we knew it our feet were up and our hands full (OF DRINKS!) Right off the bat you can let it all go. Wave to your family and friends standing by the (arguably) beautiful Tear Drop Memorial as the horn blasts and you take the first strides out into open sea. THEN FORGET WHO YOU LEFT BEHIND because enjoyment begins NOW. You'll find your luggage is probably already in your stateroom (it gets there very quickly) just in time to change up and jump into one of 3 pools or 6 hot tubs. Or grab some grub at the oceanview cafe, a buffet style restaurant with just about anything you could desire. With themed days youll try just a little bit of everything over the course of your 7 night cruise, from English breakfasts, to Yes, authentic Portuguese culinary delights. (Im a pork chop myself, so that made me happy) There are several other specialty dining options, such as Blu, an aqua class exclusive, Luminae, Qsine, Sushi on 5, a gelateria, a coffee bar and so much more. The Cosmopolitan, our main dining room, is two floors of beautiful space, great wait-staff and better food. We sat with the same staff the entire time we were there and became good friends. They knew what we liked, how we liked it, and paid great attention to the small details like our anniversary, a birthday, and the fact that i dont like peas, never saw a single pea on anything i ate. Coming off the food- coma-to-be after dinner shows are a must, and if not after, maybe before, or early morning, there is always some kind of show, class, or otherwise going on. And there is something for everyone. Feel like watching a show on Broadway, we got those right here. Want a good laugh that will split your ribs apart, we have a few of those too. Want to sing your heart out cause you've had one too many, we have karaoke for that. It will swing you through tears,laughs, and move you to sing along good or bad, you'll find yourself tempted to join. (No hard feels, no judgment either) Lets talk service for a second, there is no company that can do it better. Our room attendant and I were on a first name basis. We had some embarrassing moments aboard, but he was there, took care of things quietly, made us laugh about it all, and best of all, we left feeling like we were leaving family behind. That goes for all of them. We dont have children, and honestly thats the one thing this ship lacks is really good entertainment for the kiddos, however, this ship/company is geared towards a more adult clientele. Or for kids who are okay with sitting back and relaxing (or too young to complain about being bored) A long winded review, but its so easy to speak highly of a company that truly puts US first. If you have issues, both on land or at sea, trust me, there's someone there for you. I wouldn't just recommend, ill go every year as proof , this is the place to be when you are ready to just let it all go.

Honestly, Why look anywhere else!

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by mommabear1029

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View 7

mommabear1029’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Ocean View 7
Cabin 07 2074
Very clean and orderly. Smelled fresh and clean when we got in and every day after.
The shower stalls are a bit on the small side, but you're not in there to vacation.
The bed is suuuuuuper comfortable and staff can always bring a mattress topper or other in case it isnt just right for you.
The floor to ceiling mirrors were spotless, which is hard to do.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins