• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony
Traveled with children

My wife and 2 kids have Celiac, and thus can not eat gluten or have any cross contamination. We heard Disney and Royal are the two lines to go on if you have that, so having already tried Disney it was time to try Royal.

Royals food was MUCH better than Disney in my opinion. I do not have Celiac, so I got to try food that was specially prepared for my family, and the food that was made for the average guest. I read a lot of reviews prior to going on this ship, and saw that gluten-free chicken fingers apparently are impossible to come by. That is UNTRUE. We had it multiple nights and afternoons on the ship ( my 6 and 3 year old liked them ). Ask for Robinson, he will help you out in the general dining room.

Gluten free waffles also can be done but has to be preordered. Also we got doughnuts gluten free one morning, but didn’t taste that great.

Ocean View Balcony

Cabin 7D

For 4 people ( 2 kids and 2 adults) the room was Too small. When we cruise again we have to upgrade. Kids and myself were constantly hurting ourselves trying to navigate around the room. The room was the worst thing about the cruise.

5 Helpful Votes