3. Norwegian Jade
First cruise with Norwegian and first Caribbean cruise, leaving from Miami and visiting Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St Kitts, Barbados, St. Lucia and St. Martin, hopefully the first of many. Embarkation process was good, there's often a little queuing to be done but chill, you're on holiday, so tell your face! We had an inside cabin which was more than adequate and the bathroom was bigger than some I've had on other ships. Our steward was great and the clever towel animals he left always made us smile! The food was amazing and more than enough choice in the included restaurants, so we didn't try any speciality dining. Our favourite was the Grand Pacific for ambience but the choice in the buffet was fabulous and great quality also. As we had a few early starts with excursions we ordered room service on a few mornings (included) which was a very welcome addition. They did make a few mistakes but these were rectified with a phone call. We bought the beverage package but it does NOT include the Starbucks coffee, so be aware. We found staff at all the bars to be friendly and helpful, especially Marcia in Bliss. Cocktails under $15 are included and as most of them were we enjoyed trying a few different ones! Entertainment was good, nothing spectacular, but good, apart from the "Las Vegas" singer singing Whitney Houston songs who I think would have been more suited to Tina Turner than Whitney! The aerial due were fantastic and I think I've seen them on another ship. We entered a few quizzes which were fun, but didn't play in the casino or bingo, which I thought was quite expensive at $39 for the smallest package! I did treat myself to some spa time, although I did think their prices very high, even for a cruise ship. I think the norm is about £1 (75c) per minute but their prices are more than double that. I did think their spa package was good value though, $219 for the week (about £24 per day) for the use of all the facilities - sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, therapy pool, relaxation beds, etc. We had booked an excursion at each port, again a bit pricey but not having been before thought it best. If visiting again however I would definitely make transport enquiries and explore myself. Enjoyed all the excursions bar St. Lucia Historical Island Tour which was very rushed and a waste of time really; the best by far was the Legendary Kon Tiki Beach and Sightseeing in St. Thomas, which was fabulous fun and not to be missed! My travelling companion was a cruise virgin and has already asked if I'd like to join her on another one next year - yay! another convert! She loved it and, like me, found nothing of note to complain about, so those that do are either extremely unfortunate, VERY hard to please or just miserable and looking for something to complain about! Norwegian Jade and this route definitely recommended!

Highly recommended

Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by vavan58

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean

Norwegian Jade and this route definitely recommended!
vavan58’s Full Rating Summary