3. MSC Musica
We chose our cruise as we had previously been on the Sinfonia last year and had a wonderful time. The Musica, I feel, has better laid out cabins but could do with doors on the showers as the shower curtain continuously blows on your back whilst showering (a most unpleasant experience) The staff were much more efficient and polite as I found the staff on the Sinfonia to be a bit churlish and unhelpful. The food however was of a much, much higher quality on the Sinfonia with a lot more choices for lunch. I did not enjoy the lunches on the Musica as they were repetitive and boring as you could not go to the main dining room for lunch. Whilst I did not have children with me, I felt that the swimming arrangements for young children to also be much better on the Sinfonia as the whole ship, young and old had to use 2, small, quite deep pools on the Musica. We had particularly enjoyed the shows at night on the Sinfonia so we were really looking forward to them on this cruise but they were a huge disappointment - strange, un-cohesive affairs and again quite repetitive. That said, one night there was a comedian on and he was absolutely brilliant and was the highlight of my cruise. The ship was incredibly clean and tidy at all times - no mean feat keeping it that way with so many people aboard. The service in the dining room at night was very good, very friendly and Jackie deserves a special mention as she was everything a superb waitress should be! Once again we missed getting off the ship at Pomene - which I believe happens quite a lot - maybe you could look at arranging an alternative? Despite any of the foregoing, we would definitely go again and we are just waiting to try out the Orchestra next year.

A well run ship with super efficient staff

MSC Musica Cruise Review by dmk76

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Africa
dmk76’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Musica price drops

Kept beautifully clean and tidy, we saw a lot of our cabin attendant whilst changing and going in and out and he was super friendly and always asked about what we had done and where we were going next.
  MSC Musica Deck Plans

• Portuguese Island
    The island itself is lovely with lots of activities arranged but the whole area need a lot more shaded areas in place. Unless you wanted to sit (terribly cramped with no leg room) under the thatch in a chair, the beach had no umbrellas provided for shade and it was very hot so shade was required. People going to the island are left to source an umbrella, a chair or a mat from the locals and the umbrellas they provide (at a cost) are insufficient for the African sun.
    View All 135 Portuguese Island Cruise Port Reviews