• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Deck 7 Shuffleboard
Teppanyaki
5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar
Sushi Bar

This was my third sailing with Norwegian after cruising on the Escape and Getaway. I was a little worried that the ship would be too small and that there wouldn't be enough activities on board for our two teenagers. The teens had an amazing time at the Entourage Club and made a large group of friends that they hung out with the whole cruise. I found the Star to be a wonderful ship for many reasons. First off, embarkation out of the San Pedro port was VERY fast and so easy. The friendly staff on board the ship continually went above and beyond. Secondly, it never felt crowded to me. There were always lounge chairs available and never had to wait long at bars for drinks. In fact, waiters actually came around and took drink orders which is something we rarely experienced on the larger NCL ships.

DINING (Gluten Free Perspective

I'm going to start by saying that the dining was way better than the other competing cruise line that we've sailed on three times. I have a NCGS (non-celiac gluten sensitivity) and it's always a worry that I'll experience symptoms while on vacation from accidental exposure. This was the BEST NCL experience I've had as a gluten free cruiser. Every evening they had a special diets coordinator named Valan come and meet me at dinner to take my order for the next evening. Usually on cruises they forget to do this or I have to make a special trip to MDR to place the order myself. I did not have to do this and Valan always knew where and when I was dining and found me to bring me the menu. We ate at Moderno, Sushi Bar, Teppanyaki and Le Bistro and I never had a problem ordering something that I liked. My youngest son celebrated his 15th birthday and they even made a special gluten free cake so that I could enjoy it as well. I never asked for this and it was such a thoughtful gesture. I had to eat lunch at the buffet a couple times but I just asked to speak to a chef and he pointed out all the options that were safe for me to eat. I never experienced any gluten exposure symptoms the entire cruise. Most of the Indian food options (except bread of course) were always safe and were very delicious!

Obstructed Oceanview

Cabin OK

The cabin was VERY small for 5 people. We are used to bigger family sized oceanview rooms on the larger ships when traveling with our teens. The rooms was clean and had everything we needed. We don't spend much time in the room on a cruise. I would recommend this room for maybe three people or if you are traveling with smaller/younger children.

Port Reviews

Cabo San Lucas

This place was right on the beach. It wasn't crowded at all. They had great breakfast and 2 for 1 drinks.

Cabo San Lucas

My husband booked a jet ski for an hour with my son while I enjoyed an hour massage. This was all right at Tabascos on the beach.

Find a Norwegian Star Cruise from $559