3. MSC Seaside
This was a free cruise for me so I took my grand daughter and her best friend, This is just my opinion, everyone has there own. MSC does not do designated times check in so you have the zig zag line to wait in a couple of times. Took us a little over an hour to get all checked in and onboard. Did not want our picture taken before boarding but they would not allow us to just walk around it and made us do the picture. Later they sent them to our room with a folder that if you didn't want them you had to check the NO box and give back to room steward or they would charge you for them. We did check the NO box and gave back to our steward almost immediately but they still charged us. In order to put cash on your account you must visit the customer service desk, of course that line the first day and a half was much to long so I waited till later the first full day and it wasn't so bad. The room was ok, just as I expected as per other cruise lines however I think the bathroom was smaller and could have a better layout for more space. The lights only work with your card in the slot by the door, tried other kinds of cards and they would not work. No wash cloths so you will have to ask for them. No bar soap in the bathroom either just liquid soap. Using the liquid soap with washcloth doesn't really work very well so I bought a luffa at port. We ate at the MDR each night. I thought the food was very good but the presentation could have been better. Selections were good but I prefer having at least one new exotic thing to try each night which I did not see on the menu. The first night you had to find your table so the line was a little long but every night after you just walked to your table and sat down. I do not remember any sail away party, maybe I just missed it. I had to make about 7 trips to the customer service to get things straight. Linking your credit card was very easy at the kiosk. Now on to the casino. The casino was smaller that I am used to. I don't play table games but did notice that there is no craps table and not a whole lot of other table games. I am a smoker when gambling. The smoking section is back side of the slot area, there is a sign designating this. Also, you are not allowed to smoke anywhere in the casino when the ship is in port. Ashtrays are very hard to find when you can smoke. A good deal of the machines you are able to change the denomination to whatever you like. There were alot of hand pays won for the size of this casino. I won a major worth $910.00. Another passenger won $11,500.00, another $4.500.00 and a lot of hand pays that were above $1,000.00. The casino closes every night at 2:00am. The drink servers were very good and quick. Of course on sea days the casino was very crowded so it was a little slower at this time. All of the casino staff was wonderful, I can't praise them enough. 9,999 points gets you a free inside for two, upgrade to OV was like $359 but since I didn't qualify for this I don't know the other amounts for sure. I think the fee to upgrade to balcony was over $1,100.00 We went to two different shows, the most popular was Starwalker (Michael Jackson), we reserved on our first night and ended up standing the whole show because they don't check when you enter whether or not you have reserved so the seating was not sufficient. Get there early to get your seat even if you reserved. We got there just before the show started. I purchased the fun pass before hand for $100 and received $160 credit. Zip line was $10 each, 5D was $10 each, F! simulator was $10 each which seemed to be very popular most of the week. Air hockey and both racing games were $1.50 each. Any game that you could win a prize was not included in the fun pass so beware. There were 2 bowling lanes which we did not try. I was not very pleased with the customer service area, they kept messing up our accounts and I had to make to many trips there to straighten things out. Most of them were nice but there were a few that need to be taught customer service skills again. Having to go the customer service to close out your cash account on the last day was not very pleasing because the lines were very long. If there is any balance on your account at debarkation you will not be allowed to debark and have to go to customer service to take care of. We were charged for something in one of the stores that we never received. They were supposed to have credited it back but never did so we were denied debarking. If there is anything you would like to know just ask and I will try to answer.

MSC Seaside

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by poscoor

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Fantastica Outside Stateroom
This was a free cruise for me so I took my grand daughter and her best friend,

This is just my opinion, everyone has there own.

If there is anything you would like to know just ask and I will try to answer.
poscoor’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Fantastica Outside Stateroom
Cabin O2 5143
The OV was nice but I thought the bathroom was a little small, the closet was kind of small also. There are only two drawers and two shelves next to closet. You must ask for wash cloths if you want one and they don't have any bar soap, only liquid soap which as we all know does not work well with wash cloths. Luggage fits fine under the beds. Flat screen TV although ours had a black streak vertically and poor signal strength when in ports. It does pull our and tilt out from wall though which was nice so that you could watch from couch or beds. Mini bar is stocked with snacks and drinks. Hair dryer in drawer as usual but our's did not get warm at all. Liquid soap at sink and in shower stall along with shampoo. I thought the shower stall was smaller than normal.
There is no power in the room when your card is not in the slot next to door. I tried several different credit cards and it wouldn't work, only with your room card.
Beds were a bit hard, my 14yr old said that she didn't like it and made her body soar. Only noticed on the last night that there was actually a flat sheet on the bed.
Cape Cod Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins