3. Norwegian Getaway
We traveled with our best friends to celebrate our belated honeymoon. There were no children with our party. Getting to the port and getting on the ship was very easy and fast. Great parking across from the ship. They are very organized. First, our room was ok, except the shower was clogged. Our room steward (Benji) had it fixed promptly. He was wonderful. The beds however were not comfortable, and they were worn. I had asked for one mattress. Our room had two twins pushed together. Not really what you want for your honeymoon. I was very disappointed that we couldn't cuddle as there was a lump preventing us from being next to one another. I did report this to guest services, however nothing was done. Dirty dishes and general garbage was present in the hallways often. You had to walk around cleaning carts all day and evening. The only time the halls were clear were when we were getting off the ship the last day. Staff on the ship was curtious, but not friendly. Very few staff ever smiled. Workers did not see happy to be there. I never had a conversation with any staff about the ship. The wait staff was very attentive to making sure you were disinfected to the point of insulting. They are always tryiny to spray you with disinfectent, even after they would watch you wash your hands. How dirty do they think you get in 3 feet? All you hear is "washy,washy". They made me feel like a dirty animal after the third day. Continually being accosted with the spray disinfectant . And if you refused to let them spray you they would shake their heads in discust and say "washy, washy". By the way I did witness one worker sneeze and not cover her mouth at the buffet and keep on serving. The buffet was par at best. You could get better food at the mall. The Savor and the Tropicana were excellent. The service, food, and atmosphere were excellent. O'Sheehan's bar and grill advertised that it is always open. Not true. When they got backed up they would " close the kitchen". And not seat anyone and would stop serving. The shows on board were very well done. Bingo was entertaining and had nice prizes. The pool areas were very crowded. As were the bars most of the time. The night themed parties were nice. Good music, attentive bar tenders. The casino was the best. Dealers were professional and fun. Workers in the casino were very attentive and helpful. Cleanest area on the ship, always being attended to. The first port was Roatan. Very nice shopping, the usual tourist stuff, and reasonably priced. Great jewlery, great prices. People very friendly and spoke english very well. Excursions easy to get to with organized transportation. Also, no need to exchange money at any port. Second port was Harvest Kay. This port was made for American shopping. Very expensive and mostly items you can get home at the mall. Butterfly exhibit was disappointing. They only had cocoons. There is a one room jade/Mayan museum that was very interesting. They had Mayan jewlery for sale. Again disappointing as they were out of most of their inventory. Sadly nothing for us to buy. Third port was Costa Maya. Great port! Extensive shopping. Lots of last minute excursions. I did the Mayan ruins. Had the best time! New buses with air conditioning. Our tour guide Kit Corona was witty and knowledgeable about everything from native plants and animals to history on the states and how the Mayan ruins were found. Information on the excavation of the village and what the life of the ancient Mayans was like. Very Informative. Last port was Cozumel. Port to shore was a bit of a walk. There were men with bicycle carts that will ride you to the end of the dock for a donation. Again lots of shopping this time very inexpensive. Many excusions to choose from. Getting a cab was easy but they are crazy drivers. It was a bit scary. I have been on cruises before. Overall NCL fell short of what I expected. I will cruise again. Not with NCL.

Not a great getaway

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Twoonaship

Twoonaship’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IC 12617
It was small, but ok. As stated before beds were terrable. Not what I was told we were getting. And this did negatively inpacted our experience.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins