• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Crosspost
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Mar 2019
Cabin: Penthouse Suite

Anyone reading my other reviews will know that I am a huge fan of Regent, we have met many lovely people over the years, welcomed them to our hoes and even gone to their weddings. As Cruise Critic makes clear in its own review of the Voyager, the make up of the guests are generally well educated, well travelled people and they choose Regent because they will meet likeminded people.

The ship, staff, officers and entertainment were all exactly as I describe in my review of the first half of our cruise. Thoroughly decent, hard working and friendly people who I would happily sail around the world with forever. Why then, you will be asking, have I rated this cruise 'terrible'.

The simple answer is that having broken our 17 day cruise in two without telling us, there was also one other fact that Regent had omitted to mention when we booked - which was that they had booked two groups of 250 each on 'corporate incentive trips'. We can only speculate (and Regent has not denied) that there was always a plan to split the cruise and that these two groups were already booked on the Voyager when we booked 9 months ago - that can be the only explanation for limited availability to us and then lots of availability for the first 10 days.

Penthouse Suite

Cabin B

One of the best laid out cabins we have had

Port Reviews

Great Stirrup Cay

Went there on the first half of our cruise. Worth a visit once!

37 Helpful Votes