3. Norwegian Breakaway
This was my first ever cruise so I have nothing to compare to. I traveled with my spouse and 21 and 25 year old sons. I chose Norwegian for the package deal of airfare (with reservation of balcony cabins), unlimited beverage package, free WiFi, and 3 specialty meals. I chose the Breakaway for itinerary Cozumel, Belize City, Harvest Caye, and Costa Maya as well as activities on board seemed to fit a wide range of age groups. We flew Boston to New Orleans; I found New Orleans port very organized for both embarking at start of cruise and disembarking at end of cruise. The Breakaway is a large ship so expect crowds. That being said I did not have a problem with this. There were waits at bars, mostly one on deck 15 by pool as this was a popular area. I heard some complaining about the service but I did not feel this way. I found staff very nice, helpful, fun 99% of the time. We had a lot of fun on deck 16 Spice H2O, the activities people really got parties going and stayed involved. Themed parties were a lot of fun for all. My 21 and 25 year old sons had a fantastic time. Bliss is a nightclub that stays open until 2-3am 18+ years where my sons headed when Spice H2O wound down. For late nights OSheehys was a great place to eat, included in cruise, food was good. We ate breakfast daily at Garden Cafe, food was okay, typical buffet, decent selection, plenty of seating, no wait. The Washy Washy Wakey Wakey Happy Happy staff made me smile with their singing and friendliness while diesenfecting everyone’s hands- no such thing as too careful with germs and crowds. We ate dinner at 4 restaurants on ship and at 1 show. We loved Tepanyaki- the show included singing and was a lot of fun. I thought the food was quite good. We paid $30pp. The other 3 restaurants we chose as part of the package included in our cruise. Cagneys Steakhouse and Ocean Blue had phenomenal service and food was delicious. La Cucina service was poor, food was bland- not sure if an off night or typical for this restaurant. We saw Cirque Jungle show with dinner- food average, show was excellent. We saw Burn the Floor- 45 minutes of unbelievable dance, highly recommend. Excursions we did were dolphin swim Cozumel, expensive but awesome experience. In Belize City we did the Mayan Temple tour. We traveled 1 hr by bus and 1 hr speed boat to reach temples. It was an amazing experience. Harvest Caye was incredible and I highly recommend. It has a huge pool, a sandy white beach, shops, bars, restaurant, zip lining, parasailing, a Marina. Golf carts will take you to and from ship if you prefer otherwise walk approximately 10-15min. We did a snorkel excursion of barrier reef- unbelievable experience. Last stop was Costa Maya- I chose to stay on board and enjoyed the pool and hot tubs... and water slides which were a ton of fun! My entire family enjoyed this cruise immensely. The more casual free style type of cruise fits our personalities well, There were a ton of activities on board we never got a chance to try due to not enough hours in a day. We did stop by the casino, part of it had smoking area but I did not find it overpowering, ventilation appeared good. The only thing that got a bit old was the photographers at restaurants when you were trying to eat but it wasn’t a big deal and they were not pushy when you didn’t want to buy pictures —- which are expensive. Our balcony cabins fit 2 comfortably and were very clean, bed comfortable. Our room steward was very professional, friendly, and hardworking. This was a very positive experience for a cruising newbie.

Family Vacation