3. Jewel of the Seas
The Ship was Tired. The windows were either dirty and had not cleaned in a while or the plain were in need of replacement. The seals were clearly gone in the double pained windows and we watched water "sloshing" in one window as the Ship rocked. Elevator lights did not function and this was common. Stateroom: Balcony door was difficult to open and handle was extremely lose. Dust bunnies under bed; closet doors did not close properly. Service: in dining room extremely slow-food often only warm and generally same menu everyday. In buffet food okay, cleanliness was lacking as tables were not always wiped and sanitized. Activities: good activities and friendly crew members when we took part. Children's clubs: N/A very few children on this cruise. Overall the programs are very good. Entertainment: very enjoyable! Missed shows from midpoint due to illness. Port and Shore Excursions: Only went on one "excursion" and enjoyed it. I was unable to take many excursions as I have difficulty with mobility and sitting long periods. Disembarkation: Scheduled Time was 2 hours later than arrival Posted on Cruise Info and this resulted in our having to change flights. We were sent to Hospital in Cabo day 14! A virus infected the Ship. Passengers and Crew were falling ill, yet it was not mentioned until day 13. By then it was too late as people were sick. Food was often served cold due to fewer wait staff in the dining room. Tables in the Windjammer (buffet) were improperly cleaned and appeared dirty. Staff were observed standing around talking to each other while tables sat with dirty dishes were often not cleared for a period after the guests had left. My partner ended up in the Medical Centre and the decision was made to send her to Hospital in Cabo San Lucas. When we were advised she would have to remain in hospital a few days as she had "Bacterial pneumonia" I attempted to return to the Ship to pack our belonging. I was informed by the hospital "your luggage is being packed for you and will be sent here for you." I wanted to pack our own belongings, but was not allowed to return. When our luggage arrived we discovered missing items so I phoned the Port Agent (which was listed on the Guest removal sheet) we were given. This went no where so 2 hours I phoned Royal Caribbean's Customer Service 1-800 number. I was simply told to fill in a lost and found report on chargerback.com. The items were listed on the sheet of items we were provided, however, we never received them. Numerous calls to Royal Caribbean has only left me running in circles. No resolution! We are left to believe it is simply not a major concern. Each time I called I received a slightly different response. The last response basically placed turned "missing items" into our responsibility. SUMMARY! The WORST Cruise we have ever been on! We have been on 16 in total. Ship needs a great deal of work (total refit) as there are many many areas that need attention. Food was okay, but disappointing! Ship packed our belongings and "items" were "MISSING". When I reported this my report was not taken seriously. Customer support was anything but supportive. Simply stated: we WILL NOT BE CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN AGAIN!

Worst cruise of our 16 cruises!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Cat butler

Activities: good activities and friendly crew members when we took part.

Entertainment: very enjoyable! Missed shows from midpoint due to illness.

Cat butler’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 8528
I had reason to look under the bed and saw dust bunnies that were the size of midsized rats. Clearly it had not been thoroughly clean in a while. Our balcony window was either dirty or just worn out and needs replacing. It was like looking through dirty or glass that needs replacing.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins