3. MV Mahabaahu
The collection from the airport was not great. We waited for another couple to arrive on a different flight and share the taxi with us for over an hour. Having made a fuss the decision was made for us to continue by ourselves. This should have been dealt with much quicker. We travelled from Guwahati to Jorhat. We had a suite (101) which was comfortable and kept very clean. The additional cost over the standard balcony room was not worth it. We did have dinner in the room on two occasions but the first was a bit of a trial and not very well organised. The staff were delightful and very helpful. We enjoyed most of the excursions off the boat. The tenders used were excellent. There is not much to see whilst cruising but we enjoyed relaxing, both on the top deck and the room's small balcony. Food was very good - we had the non-veg Indian selection for all dinners. What I really did not like was the inability to seat as a twosome for most meals. The first night we were all split up to sit with random guests - I hated being next to two gun-toting far-right Americans who I avoided thereafter. Apart from breakfast we always had to sit with others. I would have preferred having the choice to sit by ourselves sometimes but the dining room had only one sitting with insufficient room for tables for two. Drinks were absurdly expensive which was somewhat money-grabbing considering the overall cost of the week. The naturalist's lectures were delivered in boring monotone. Overall we enjoyed it and I am pleased we did the cruise.

Brahmaputra River from Guwahati to Jorhat

MV Mahabaahu Cruise Review by strongmr

We travelled from Guwahati to Jorhat.

The staff were delightful and very helpful.

Food was very good - we had the non-veg Indian selection for all dinners.

The naturalist's lectures were delivered in boring monotone.

Overall we enjoyed it and I am pleased we did the cruise.
strongmr’s Full Rating Summary
Get MV Mahabaahu price drops

Right at the front - biggest cabin available.
Nice but not worth paying extra for.