Carnival Fascination Cruise Review

Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by LectorsStarling

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

This was only my second cruise but I have travelled a lot. I decided to go along with my mom and aunt mostly because I was intrigued that we flew into Barbados to board the ship. What I didn’t know is that only about 200 people are exchanged at this port and the other 1800 get on at San Juan... this is what they don’t tell you! They cater more to those guests than the Barbados. When you get to San Juan there are no real excursions you can do as you have to go through customs to do this .. this wasted 2-3 hours of our day. Then that night when the rest of the guests are doing their safety briefing they send the Barbados guests to drink on them for free for an hour ... thank god at least for that because I felt like the day we wasted. Also if you wanted to do an excusion on your last day in Barbados the excursions will not drop you at the airport like they have arranged for the San Juan guests. The food on this ship was very good the dinner were awesome however the buffet was not stocked often enough and you felt like you were fighting to get the good stuff. The ship entertainment was fun to watch I liked the interactive shows. At some ports I would have liked more time and felt rushed to get back some days. My worse part of this ship was the room... there were loud noises every single night we were on floor 4 and the workers were doing stuff on the 3 rd every night waking us up. Also, we encountered some rude staff only 2 the rest were great ... but there was an awful statement made to my mom. We complained about these issues to the front desk and they were quick to pay for our tabs while on the ship which was a few hundred dollars which did make the ship more enjoyable. My favorite part of the ship was a band called under the covers! Man they are good and the girl can sing!

LectorsStarling's Full Rating Summary