Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Dixiejuju

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We are a family of four and this was our first cruise. We did not have high expectations as we knew coming on that this was an old shop....we chose it because of it being within driving distance from our home. The ship itself isn’t terrible (aside from the tiniest pool I’ve ever seen). Most of the crew really do try hard to make it a pleasant experience.

The food is absolutely horrendous. Don’t waste the calories on eating the buffet. You will be really disappointed. The deli sandwiches were supposed to be served with fries but we were told everyone that the fries would be five minutes only to never receive any. You also can’t customize what is on the sandwiches - who wants a grilled cheese with mayo and mustard? Absolutely ridiculous. The best option during the day is Guys Burgers but who can eat burgers every single day?

We had the late dining time and they were really slow. One night we were literally the last table left to get our food. I believe we left the dining room around 10 pm. Who wants to do anything with a full stomach at that time of night? They also do not rotate the menu very much. I’m glad my kids are teenagers because there was nothing for younger kids on the menu.

The food was really bland. Certainly not worth what we paid for.

Our ship was full of college spring breakers who took over all of the hot tubs, pool and were very drunk and obnoxious. We are not people who get offended very easily but seeing scantily clad women and hearing foul language all week long got old very quickly.

The entertainment was really lame. They have lots of venues but they were only open at designated times. The Hasbro game show was plain cheesy. My kids were bored the whole time. My 13 year old daughter who is very outgoing went to her club one night and the worker was very rude and basucally stated “there is no one else here so there are no activities” and sent her away.

The weather didn’t help matters much. It was cold and rainy the entire time in Freeport. The boat was really rough the last two days and my 16 year old daughter was sick in bed despite taking sea sickness medication and wearing her sea bands.

My husband and I purchased the alcohol package but it was impossible to get waited on st most bars. Don’t waste your money.

We did a dolphin swim and Atlantis day excursion in Nassau that was really disappointing. Lots of standing around and waiting so very little time to enjoy the amenities. The line to purchase pictures of the excursion took longer than the actual excursion itself and the staff at Atlantis in the photo area were the rudest people we encountered the entire trip. Three counters open and they had groups of probably 60 people every 45 minutes doing the dolphin swim. Unacceptable.

My 16 year old daughter and I had a mother/daughter massage and it was a good experience other than having to go check back at the desk after waiting15 minutes last our scheduled time.

Overall our family was very disappointed. We work hard for our money and felt very taken advantage of. We will never sail with Carnival again.

Dixiejuju's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8D U227

Cabin wasn’t horrible. The balcony was worth the extra cost.

Dixiejuju