Coral Princess Cruise Review

Coral Princess Cruise Review by shugsy5

• Sail Date: Jun 2018
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

Overall, the Alaska experience was excellent. Our land portion started in Anchorage, followed by two one nights at Princess rustic lodges. The highlight of this portion was the 5 hour Denali tour.

After a pleasant and comfortable domed train to Whittier, we boarded Coral for the one week southbound cruise. On our second sea day, while enjoying the glacier experience, the aft located Sanctuary was a cut above, semi private, somewhat exclusive area and well worth the fee. Higher end finger foods and drinks were quite nice.

We booked our own excursions in Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. Highlights were a once in a lifetime helicopter ride, landing high on the glacier where we met and mushed the huskies. In Ketchikan, I got to drive a small zodiac, stopping for several sea animals. My wife and I were the only ones out with the vendor. That's the advantage of booking outside of the cruise line. In our case the Princess's excursion offered this in the morning, while we did this mid-afternoon. In Skagway, we did do the historic train ride, but only one way, returning by van with additional photo stops.

At each port we had two excursion planned. They came off well.

As east coasters, we probably won't be back to Alaska anytime soon, so I would suggest having a good sized budget to fully take advantage of everything offered throughout Alaska.

On board entertainment in my opinion was just average at best, but that's OK, since the main event was Alaska itself.

We met two different couples that also had mini suites, but also had the club class designation. I did feel as though they were treated a bit better in MDR and would consider that category if and when we're back with Princess.

Our one specialty dining was at Sabatini's, well worth it. I wanted to try Bayou too, but waited too late to get a reservation for the day and time we wanted.

After disembarking, we toured Vancouver for an extra day and night. Quite a nice clean vibrant City!

I highly recommend a land and sea Alaskan trip and do feel that Princess runs it well. Coral's size and layout was just right for this kind of trip.

shugsy5's Full Rating Summary

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB D615

Excellent cabin with comfortable bed and good size bathroom.

shugsy5