Norwegian Escape Cruise Review
2,810 Reviews

Absolutely delighted by our experience!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by jenneloveslife

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

We got home on Sunday and had a wonderful trip! I can confirm first hand that the rumours are true. The Escape is a beautiful ship with a warm and friendly staff. We had one dud server, but instead of dwelling on it, we filled out many hero cards about the great ones. The good vibes started when we got word the Thursday before that our bid for an upgrade was accepted. We went from family balcony to mini-suite. I got the spa pass for the last 3 days of the trip and spent many hours on the heated tile beds. Ahhhhhhh..... The food was the best I have had in 12 years of cruising (mostly NCL and MSC). We rarely hit the buffet because my hubby has a mobility issue, but Taste, Savor and especially the Manhattan dining rooms were wonderful experiences. We often got 2 appetizers each and if we were too full for dessert, hit the midnight buffet for a "sweetie" before turning in. My 16 year old took a few days to warm up to the Entourage program, but we hardly saw him the last 3 days of the cruise. As far as accommodating my hubby's mobility issue (CP), the access desk made very few promises, but delivered on them in spades! Boarding and disembarking were smooth as silk with wheelchair service and priority boarding. Remind me to take him with me EVERYtime I travel to bypass the long lines. :) Hubby was very happy to remain on the ship while my son and I took in the ports. No Great Stirrup Cay this trip, and the buzz on the ship is that the stop is more miss than hit at this time of year. NCL returned $32 in port fees pp which almost covered my spa pass. The greatest testament came from my son and hubby who are both first timers. Both want to know when we are going to do it again. Literally again. Same ship. Same itinerary. What nubes!

jenneloveslife's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 13820

Very roomy for two plus a teen. Pretty much equidistant from the elevators so there was more hall walking than I normally like. We unpacked 3 large suitcases and still had plenty of room to spare. The shower was huge!

New York (Manhattan)

We took the 5 hour tour, but missed Central Park.

City Tour

The Port Canaveral Highlights isn't glitzy, but my teen and I liked getting off the boat for a few hours. Hearing about the growth of Port Canaveral and the particularly the cruise line industry there was interesting. We enjoyed the little museum (maybe Space Flight Museum) we visited. Seeing the fishing boat and demonstration was interesting. The people leading the tours (bus, museum, fishery) were really engaging and showed great LOVE and PRIDE for their city!

View All 12 City Tour Reviews
Great Stirrup Cay

We didn't get to go, but were compensated for that by the cruise line.

Dolphin Encounter

We are rookies and I suspect seasoned cruisers wouldn't be amazed by this experience. We really enjoyed it, but felt a little gouged by having to pay $150 US for the images and video of our experience. You are FORBIDDEN from capturing your own.

View All 158 Dolphin Encounter Reviews