3. Norwegian Epic
We had been on this cruise ship a few years ago and had not particularly liked it then due to the size of the cabins and the fact that you had to book dinners and shows ahead of time because of the size of the ship. We had gotten a good deal through the casino and thought we would try it again. Well, we picked the wrong time of year to go on it this time. Of course I knew it was spring break, but, did not expect a Norwegian ship to be full of college students drinking like fish and being obnoxious. You had to wait in lines for 30-45 minutes to get a drink, it seems they have less staff onboard the ship now than they did the last time we were on it. It was also due to the fact that these students were getting 6-8 drinks at a time. It seems there should have been some limits in place for drinking, I know Carnival only allows 1 drink at a time. These people were drinking so much that they were throwing up on balconies and in the pool. They have 2 tiny pools and not enough lounge chairs for everyone, on sea days we felt like we were in the middle of some huge college party. It was swarming with people and pool was overfull. We heard that they sold a big block of rooms at a discounted price to college students. We had to deal with a knock down drag out fight next to our cabin during one night that we called security about twice before they finally came up to take care of it an hour after it had started. There was hollering and screaming in the halls til 3am. The rooms are the smallest we have ever had and we have been on 28 cruises. The bathroom is open to the main room with no privacy whatsoever. Tiny shower and sinks. Another problem was getting lounge chairs by the pool in the morning on sea days. If you weren't out there by 7:30 or 8am you could not find a chair. Everyone went out and put towels on the chairs and left them early in the morning. They never did enforce the fact that they don't allow saving chairs. When we went to the comedy club people also saved chairs for like 5 or 6 people so even if hyou went half an hour early you couldn't get a seat. The theater is also very small, only holds 800-900 people for a 5,000 person ship. Way to small for this size of ship. The layout of the ship is very cutup and hard to get around in, it was the only ship I believe that was designed by Europeans and quite strange, I must say the shows we saw Burn the Floor and The Beatles show were very good. We did not think the food in any of the restaurants we went to was good at all this time. We usually liked going to O'Sheehans but, didn't think the food was very hot or good. Buffet was awful, no carved meats that were good and poor selection. The only meal that was half way decent was breakfast in the Taste Restaurant. Embarkation went pretty smoothly burt, getting off the ship there was no communication about when they were ready for you to disembark, we just happened to be down there early enough. Believe me we were ready to get off the ship by then. We were so looking forward to getting away from the cold weather and going on this cruise. Believe me this was a trip I wish I had never taken. Anyone over the age of 25 was complaining about these college students, their behavior, the way they dressed and acted.

Worst Cruise I Have Been On EVER

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by dorothy777

dorothy777’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Inside
Cabin IF 12218
Tiny room, hardly any storage. Bath open to bdrm. area, sink on one side and shower on the other. Don't know how some people fit in that shower. No privacy whatsoever.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins