3. Norwegian Escape
My 9 year-old son and I travelled on the Escape from New York to Nassau on march 2019. We were just the 2 of us for a week full of activities and adventures... Did not go as expected. FYI, it costed us 2300$ for the cruise and an extra 1000$ for all other fee, and I did not have a drop of alcohol or eat in a restaurant. (extra is for parking in NY pier, Shore excursions - kennedy space center and blue lagoon island- bingo, and souvenirs - 2 stuffed animals) First we had a live remake of the Titanic on our first night. Our ship was tilted on a 25 degree angle for 15 minutes. People screaming and running, injured passengers and everything in our stateroom was on the floor (glasses, bottles...) The other nights it was better, but still it was rocking A LOT and furnitures on the balcony kept on shifting and making a lot of noise (preventing us from sleeping). Then the ship was OVERBOOKED. It was our spring break, so we were expecting a lot of kids and people everywhere, and we were perfectly fine with it. But when you have a ship family-oriented of a capacity of more thant 4500 passengers, and there is 1 pool for kids with a capacity of 43.... What about waiting in line for 1 hour to get in a pool? Awful. Same thing with the waterslides, ping pong, bocce ball, mini golf, rope course... We had to wait for every activity, every day. An overbooked ship means a lot of people to feed as well. 15-20 minutes of running around at the buffet to get a table. And we were just 2! Can't imagine the family of 5-6 people trying to get seated. Same thing for a la carte restaurant, 30-45 minutes waiting to get in. Food was excellent though and service very good. Being on our first cruise, we had a balcony stateroom and very happy about it. Super clean and confortable, nothing to say. Except for the sound insulation... I mean we could hear the neighbours talk. So that prevented us from sleeping, again. Did not sleep a lot that week, I got home more tired than I was before leaving for the cruise. Because of the temperature we did not stop at Great Stirrup Cay, and we ended up spending a day and a half in Nassau instead. Port Canaveral and Nassau were great, nothing wrong with that. Easy to get off and on the ship. Entertainment.... honestly, almost everything cost money. My son wanted to play bingo. It was written that there was a fee, but I was fine with it, until I discovered that it costed 39USD to play 3 games of bingo. I mean WHAT??? Did not last an hour... and of course nobody won the jackpot. This is theft honestly. Then if you want to play other games, you still need to pay. There was a theater but no movie for children at all. And shows were not kid-oriented neither. It is not a disney cruise, but when you have a ship with waterslides, we expect to have at least a little more for kids during the day and early evening. Honestly I think that it was not price-worthy at all. We had the fear of our lives and could not enjoy all the activities and amenities on the ship because of the crowd. I do not recommend sailing with NCL on spring break at all.

Awful experience

Ages 7 to 9
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mid-ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 9218
Cabin was clean and confortable. But NOT well sound-proofed. At all. Very disappointed.
Deck 15 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins