3. Norwegian Pearl
Norwegian Pearl, March 10 to 17 2019. Room 8570. Obstructed ocean view. Was just like a regular ocean view room, but with a lifeboat obstructing most of the view. Plenty of light came in, and we could see the weather and a bit of ocean. The room was always very clean, the room steward was not very outgoing, but nice and attentive (perhaps he read me well, I am not very chatty). My favorite part of the ship is the Spinnaker Lounge. It has beautiful forward views, comfortable chairs and tables, plus they do a lot of trivia and games happen there. We are at La Cucina, Le Bistro, Moderno and Cagneys. We love Le Bistro best. La Cucina was a close second. Cagneys was excellent too. At Moderno, I liked the salad bar and sides better than the meat. If you value quantity over quality, you may like it better. Not that the meats were terrible, just not super tender like other restaurants. There WAS noticeable decline on food quality through out the week. For example, day 1, I got the burrata at La Cucino. It came with beautiful perfect heirloom tomatoes. By the 6th day when I got the same dish at the same restaurant, it came with less than ripe beefsteak tomatoes. The burrata itself was still excellent, as was the rest of the meal. I found the buffets very good right at opening, but a few thing (naan bread, eggs Benedict, pasteries) got stale as time passed. There was always coffee and tea available, and I heard the coffee is pretty good. At breakfast there is apple, orange and cranberry juice cocktail , at lunch and dinner there are flavored waters (tasted like koolaid to me) . There is a small bar if you want to purchase or use your beverage package. I did not eat in the main dining rooms much. At breakfast the eggs seemed well prepared, poached eggs had a nice runny yolk. Otherwise food quality was similar to the buffet in my opinion. I got stale waffle fries in summer palace just after boarding and that pretty much shaped my opinion. The entertainment was all very good. The evening shows 8n Stardust were exceptionally good, especially legends in concert and the comedian (both shows). The cruise director staff was fun, namely Vicky, Vaughn and Jorez. They were clear in instructions and made good jokes. The assistant cruise director Tiarra and director Ferdie were overly rehearsed, you can tell they have told the same jokes a million times, but they were decent. 8570

Everything was acceptable to excellent

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by eromero

eromero’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Obstructed Oceanview
Cabin OK 8570
Wonderful. Tons of storage for 2 passengers. Better than I expected.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins