• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

David_Ben454
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Queens Suite
Damaged bathroom floor with lose tiles - the grit meant we couldnt wal
Behind my bedside locker...not cleaned for half a year plus
Behind my wifes bedside locker - also not cleaned since at least (the
Peeling paint on the balcony

This is a tricky review to write. We spent 19 days on the Queen Mary 2, and it was a lovely break. We’ve often cruised before, but this was the first with Cunard who came recommended. We booked the Queen’s Grill service – this is the First Class tier, and as Cunard claims the First Class level in general, I suppose this was the First Class of the First Class. So we had high expectations.

The service was really good by and large, our cabin was spacious and well-appointed and the staff mostly charming, motivated and friendly. But we also had issues some of which were serious – things which Cunard really should address or assist with, and these often took the edge off the experience. Hence the title – ‘Close…but No Cigar’.

In the interest of balance, I have also asked Cunard to respond at the end which is why it’s taken a few weeks to post this review. Cunard accept all the issue and are very apologetic. They have refunded some items such as the tours described below and they compensated us unasked for others (£1200.00 as a credit). But I also awaited their response to publish here – which as I say is at the end. You can judge from the response whether Cunard address the issues and actually change anything.

Queens Suite

Cabin Q6

Some issues - cleanliness, broken furniture, peeling paint - all described in the review above.

Port Reviews

Seville

Except it didn't take in the Cathedral of Seville, the highlight, as it was a Sunday and Cunard had to rearrange the tour!

Haifa (Tel Aviv)

Very long, but and educational and interesting day. Well worth it.

Southampton