3. Ruby Princess
My husband has cruised on Princess once before (about 12 years ago) and he really wanted to go with them again. I wanted to be able to drive to the departure port so we chose a 7-day California Coastal, round trip from LA. It was just the two of us ages 45 and 46. Left the kids at home since they don't appreciate cruising (which is fine with me as it's much cheaper that way!). After reading many reviews on the aft balconies, I chose cabin B754 which we loved. We did get some movement when we were out at sea but we found it soothing. I chose Baja deck so we would be neither above or below any public areas and it was nice and quiet. Sometimes we did hear "ship sounds" but nothing that was ever a problem. The cabin was adequate and the balcony was larger than I expected, which was a nice surprise. It had two chairs and a small table. We didn't use it for dining or anything- just sat in the chairs (or more frequently, stood at the railing) and enjoyed the ocean. The shower is miniscule! I understand this is the norm on Princess. We were scheduled to visit San Francisco, Monterey, San Diego, and Ensenada. Unfortunately, we were unable to visit Monterey because the seas were a bit too rough, making tendering unsafe. Too bad able that as that was the port I was most interested in. We left Monterey that morning, spent the night and part of the next morning at Sea, and docked in San Diego half a day early (noon) so we actually overnighted in SD. Overall I loved the ship and the decor (classy- the Piazza I thought was beautiful) although the constant art displays that took up all of Explorer's Lounge on several occasions was a bit much. Does anyone buy art on a cruise? I guess they must or the ships wouldn't keep devoting that much time and space and effort to it. Buffet food was not very flavorful IMO but we very much enjoyed the MDR three nights and chose to try Crown Grill and SHARE on two other nights. Overall very good. SHARE is a more adventurous menu and I loved the decor but it's high up aft and there was a constant vibration and an intermittent high pitched rattle/squeak in the ceiling that really detracted from the experience. Hope they get it fixed soon. Didn't care for the Main Offenders band or the Magic to Do production show but AJ Jamal (guest comedian) was pretty good... especially his bit about the showers on board! All staff with the exception of the young lady in the soft serve ice cream area were friendly. All in all, we were very pleased and we are already looking at another Princess cruise, hopefully to Hawaii this time.

First time on Princess- we will be back!

Ruby Princess Cruise Review by tensixmom

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Pacific Coastal
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony

tensixmom’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Premium Balcony
Cabin B4 B754
Balcony bigger than I expected (not sure if all aft balconies are like this as I have no frame of reference. Tiny shower. The bed and pillows were comfortable to us. Did I mention the tiny shower?
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins