3. Norwegian Star
Overall, the ship is great. It's nicely furnished, the food is great, the entertainment was the best I've ever experienced, and the exercise room was excellent (unlike the Sapphire Princess that we were just on in January). The comedian was hilarious and the stage productions were extremely well done. Even the daily musicians were good. That's why the ship gets my high rating BUT ... 1) If you value privacy, do not get a minisuite on the 11th deck. The privacy screen does not extend out to the railing. If the next-door neighbor is at the railing, they can not only see into your balcony, they can see into your cabin as well. If you want to dress, be sure to close the curtain. 2) Our particular mini-suite, Cabin 11188, was simply the worst ever. Do NOT choose this cabin or 11182! Every night from midnight to two a.m. somebody or something drags stuff across the floor, drops things, bangs, etc. It was seriously loud and the folks next door were hearing it, too. I thought it was the H2O lounge or the dining room, but it wasn't. Instead it seems to have been the crew moving things around. I called to complain after two nights and the officer noted the noise and it quieted down ONCE but repeated again the rest of the cruise. We were given a free specialty dining but it doesn't 3) Our cruise got off to a nasty start with the lifeboat drill in which a crewmember at Muster Station D decided she was going to be our Drill Sergeant for the day, giving orders and lining us up. I was in line "as ordered" but that wasn't good enough for the Drill Sergeant, who actually ordered me to move forward two feet (!) to fill in the gap in the ranks. Other groups were not "lined up" like this. She was just generally bossy and unfriendly. She also talked during announcements over the intercom so we couldn't hear either one. When I confronted her afterwards about her unfriendly demeanor, she just gave me more attitude. I reported this behavior to her superiors and received an apology but no followup. 4) We experienced very slow service in Cagney's. 5) I called for a wakeup call that never came (fortunately my own alarm worked). 6) I was amazed to be in Gatsby's on the next to last night to see two (2) guests using four chairs; i.e., sitting with their feet up on the other chairs. 7) The 5 O'Clock Lounge is nice but poorly set up for the karaoke activities they hold there. Unlike other NCL ships, the Star has no forward lounge where you can sit inside and watch the ocean.

Great Overall BUT >>>>

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by johnsimion

• Sail Date: March 2019
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

4) We experienced very slow service in Cagney's.

johnsimion’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB 11188
See comments above. No privacy and constant noise.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins