Island Princess Cruise Review

Island Princess Cruise Review by Rebs0735

• Sail Date: Feb 2019
  • Destination: the Panama Canal & Central America
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

On my bucket list for years and could never convince my past wife to get on a ship and the timing was right. I have read some of the reviews and cannot agree with them as they sailed at a bad time. My cruise was FANTASTIC, the Panama Canal visit was the highlight, on board service was excellent and I never had to wait to be seated. The waiters did not hover over you but watched and knew when attention was required.I was not pressured into buying more drinks than I wanted. Ten days and not a bad meal, food was top notch. The buffet on deck 14 was all anyone could hope for. Housekeeping was above and beyond, I had an ocean view cabin (605) and it was always kept neat and tidy, any time that I left for a walk or a meal, things were tidied up while I was away. There was always something on the go for entertainment and the movies under the stars helped end the evening on a high note.I am giving it some serious consideration for an Alaskan cruise and it if possible definitely be on the Island Princess.

Rebs0735's Full Rating Summary

Oceanview
Cabin OE 605

Small, convenient , most comfortable bed that I have ever slept in ( would like to know the brand of the mattress)and but one must consider that you are only there to rest and sleep and the rest of the time should be spent in the sun and enjoying the entertainment and the ports of call this is not living quarters.

Falmouth

Left ship and wander the the vendors at sit then fond Margaritaville Bar and enjoyed a Strawberry Margarita

Hell

Unexpected as to what we saw

Turtle Farm

This was an excellent experience showing the fantastic job that they are doing to bring back the Giant Green Sea Turtle from near extinction

View All 329 Turtle Farm Reviews