3. MSC Seaside
This was a last minute decision to try a different cruise line. We normally sail with Royal Carribean and love it. The Seaside was a beautiful ship was that was about it. The ship is not kept clean like others, public restrooms, as little as they had were disgusting and not kept very clean. All soaps on the ships, including your cabins was watered down, no suds at all. No bars of soaps in your cabin at all and shampoo in dispensers in showers so bring everything if you want proper soaps and shampoos. Rooms were ok but no fridge to put your stuff in, a sofa in front of closet and you cannot even access your clothes easy and just a few drawers in closet only. Bathrooms are tiny so you cannot be 2 people at a time in there.you have to insert your card in a slot for lights and outlets to work. Our cabin attendant never came to introduce himself , we had to approach him. Buffet was so badly organized, no control of line up, any and everywhich way they wanted, that you could not get food at times. Coffee was behind a pole so it was a disaster getting coffee in some areas. It was mostly the same items everyday and the tables were dirty. No one came around for drinks or coffee, only selling liquor. No staff handling the food had gloves on. In the buffet area they had a ice cream machine and someone had mold in their ice cream cone and they were trying to hide it, we heard from a passenger. We book a diner at the Teppanyaki grill, which is a Japanese restaurant and while the cook was doing some tricks and spinning of spatula, it accidentally flew at me, cut my water glass in half and I ended up with with glass and water all over my body. I had pieces of glasses in my arms and hand and in my clothes. First the cleaning people came and someone came and said accident happens. Glasses everywhere, even in my shoes, they made us move tables. About 5 minutes later the head guy of the restaurant came and said he had just heard of what really happened and asked if I needed medical attention and offered to have my long dress cleaned and gave us 10% off our bill. Just very poorly handles. Seemed they had no care of well being with all that glass in my arm. Luck it did not get in my eyes and the glass stopped the spatula from hitting me and having serious injuries. Main dining room could not get your diner orders right and sometimes no one would come around for any water at all for your table. Seemed like they were short staff or not sure what was going on. Bowling Alley on top of our dining room so if you had an early diner, you would hear the loud noise on top of you, they should close it during diner time. Employees did not make you feel welcome at all, only a couple had a smile and said good evening or even everywhere on the ship was the same. Some did not even know the language and could not answer you. One employee we asked questions said he came to work on this line because it’s fsmily owned and they do not have rules like the other lines like Carnival, Royal etc.... it’s more laidback and they don’t work as hard. He said he can talk more to people. You can definitely see how poorly they operate. Often there was activities going on. The shows were ok but times they were lip singing and all show music was recorded, no live music and lots of the same things at the same at shows. All shows done by onboard staff, no one comes on from other sources. Lots of different cultures on this cruise and so many were very rude, cutting in front of you for buffet like they owed the place.

Our 8 days on MSC Seaside

Cecile.freiberg@gmail.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Seaside price drops

Bella Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1
Poorly designed, sofa in front of closet so you cannot access your clothes easily. Bathroom very small. No counter space at all but you can put your things under the sink in a small cabinet. Toilet so closed in between shower and wall so hardly space to move. They could have put some cabinets under desk area that would create more room for your clothes. The cabinets are on the side if closet and just a few since the safe is there and the bottom drawer does not open. You have to use your room key to have lights or power for your iPad or phone for internet if you purchased it.
Mondello Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins