3. Ruby Princess
We chose the 4 day California Coast cruise to extend our 10 day Sea of Cortez cruise. Embarkation went smoothly and we were on the ship within an hour of arrival at the port. I had a few misgivings after our fall 28 day trip on the Emerald Princes but the Ruby is so much nicer and the food so much better. The ship is beautiful and well maintained. Service was good but the best part for us was our cabin, Aloha 304, an accessible cabin with balcony. It is large with a huge bathroom equipped for someone like my husband who needs grab bars and no step up from the room to the bathroom. We probably spent more time in our cabin than we usually do on a cruise, enjoying the space and the view from the sliding door as we headed down the coast keeping the mountainous profile of the Baja in sight. Our waiters were attentive and very helpful to my mobility challenged husband. We enjoyed every meal as well as the big production shows but had trouble hearing and understanding the comedians. At Cabo San Lucas we took our only shore excursion, Princess whale watching excursion. Did we see whales? Oh my, yes. Jumping, tail slapping and generally cavorting about. There were so many whales we could even see them from the ship! At the other ports I got off and explored on foot while my husband stayed on board. All in all it was a lovely cruise and a good experience. There were few children onboard and we would definitely cruise on the Ruby Princess again except that his doctor says my husband, at age 92, needs to stop traveling. We have been to 77 countries and 35+ cruises.

Beautiful ship

amazona’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA A304
Our cabin had the standard equipment and furniture, adequate closet space in 2 sections, each with a door. It was just larger than others we have had.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins