3. Norwegian Bliss
After boarding ship and going to our cabin the very first thing we saw was a used condom on the balcony. Then the hangers were piled on the closet floor and a used bar of soap from the previous guest was left in the shower. Those were the main things in addition to some other minor issues,,, We understand things happen and were expecting the staff to immediately handle the situation, but 12 and 15 year old children still don't understand why or what a condom is doing in our cabin. Not happy at all. Once housekeeping was called and given a chance to correct the issues the steward supervisor said someone would come clean it and just walked away. I asked him to take the condom with him, but he just left. Then I went to the guest services desk and after a 19 minute wait were greeted by the housekeeping supervisor who said they will get there to clean the room again soon. That day there were no considerations made and there was no sense of urgency to correct. Worst of all there was no closure, empathy, nor follow-up from management. It was not until the third day of our vacation that I asked about the issue at the front desk and if there was closure. Unfortunately, it took e showing the photos and the likelihood that 'd share an honest review online that I finally got the attention. In my opinion, there is not must that can be done to correct the condom found on the balcony by our children. GiGi, assistant Housekeeping Manager offered a $100 obc which we declined and they posted anyway. This was our third Norwegian cruise Getaway 2016 and Escape 2017 (RCL Oasis was 2018). Not a great start to our annual vacation. Overall, the vacation was good and even the worst cruise experience can be a great vacation. 7 great sunrises and 6 great sunsets... Friday night sunset was missed due to a dinner reservation and late departure from Nassau. The "waterfront" deck is one our favorite parts of the ship. Entertainment was good overall: Havana was "ok", Jersey Boys was very good, Hypnotist Richard Barker was awesome, and the music around the ship was good as well. Dining was "average" a best: service better than expected and food quality hit or miss. The buffet and main dining rooms were good/average food quality. The premium dining in Le Bistro and La Cucina were great. Unfortunately, Cagneys was again a bit of a let down :( It seems like there have been cuts on food costs and quality has suffered a bit. Ports and excursions were as expected. Eighth time to St Tomas and our first excursion to Megans Bay. Tortola was or third time and just walked around town a bit. Nassau has one of the prettiest sail in and away, but usually we stay on the ship in Bahamas :) Our kids 15 and 12 were very excited about the go-carts and laser tag. Unfortunately, the week passes were sold out before the sail away. We paid for a couple laps around the racetrack, but at $10 per person per 5-7 minutes was not a good value in their opinion (or mine since I paid). The real estate used for racetracks and laser tag was a sacrifice of other areas which were omitted or cut back. We will not likely choose another cruise with either go-carts or laser tag. I guess to wrap up this review, stuff happens. Sometimes people are disgusting and leave used condoms on balconies. When I purchased / reserved our seven day cruise I put my trust in Norwegian Cruise Line and their ability to clean up after disgusting people's behaviors. The worst thing about the whole thing is the lack of response, empathy, or care. Hopefully, this review and others may affect change with Norwegian and the way they handle future situations.

Used condom on our balcony, unclean stateroom our first day :(

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by NorweegeeyunRob

NorweegeeyunRob’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 12280

In fairness, our steward did an "ok" job the rest of the week. I don't know if he was the reason our cabin was in such bad shape the first day, but he seemed to keep things in order the rest of the week. The first impression seemed to overshadow the week :(
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins