• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

bigbreezy
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jan 2019
Cabin: Interior

We chose this cruise for the port of departure, New Orleans, and ports of call. New Orleans is always a great city to enjoy and explore before or after a cruise. We had sailed on her four years before and were pleased. The embarkation/self assist disembarkation was smooth and organized. We did not view any live entertainment since theater shows are not our first choice. We were very disappointed in the lack of movies, but those viewed were to our liking. Our interior cabin was clean. We were disappointed that we were unable to have a kettle in our room. We have Diamond status and have always been able to have a kettle for hot water in our room. The biggest disappointment was the food. We enjoy the self service in the buffet due to the large number of choices for vegan and ethnic choices. Basically, this was nonexistent on this cruise, no variety, no spice. I know we could have asked for special treatment and meals, but I would rather others enjoy a variety also. In fact, many people I heard also were discussing the lack of this feature. I would go on this cruise again if they departed from New Orleans, but not on the Vision of the Seas.

Interior