3. Celebrity Edge
I have so many good things to say about this cruise. The cabin was extremely spacious, the wait staff in the multiple dining rooms were excellent, the food was delicious and the spa service on the ship was wonderful. Unfortunately, I still do have some concerns with the Edge, one of them being the bar service. There is only bar available on the resort deck, and it was extremely difficult to get a drink. This boat held about 3000 passengers and at least 50% of the passengers would be on the pool deck. They had ample seating which was great, but to get a drink I had to wait at least 15 mins and that was the time it took for me to get it myself, don’t even get me started on the time it took to order it from a server. Seriously celebrity, you thought 4 bars on the ship were enough to accommodate 3000+ guests. Another HUGE problem was the provisions. By the 5th day the ship was out of sparkling water, by the 6th day all the bars were out of frozen drink mix, as well as certain dishes offered on their signature mdr menu. I was shocked. Celebrity is one of the biggest cruise lines in the industry and your telling me they can’t provide enough sparkling water for the course of 7 days? Another inconvenience on board were the hot tubs. The iconic martini glass design was gorgeous, but oh so impractical. To enter the hottub, I had to climb 3 flights of stairs and walk halfway across the pool deck. Let’s just say I got plenty of steps in on the days I chose to relax in the hot tub. Some more of the good about this ship was the SEA thermal suite. It was gorgeous and extremely relaxing, it was worth the steep price tag. Another great thing was the food. By far the best food I’ve ever had on a ship. Normandie was our favourite restaurant by far, followed by Cyprus, Cosmo and Tuscan. This ship is amazing, but definitely has some work to do in order to truly make this a celebrity standard ship.

Celebrity EDGE Spring break sailing