3. Emerald Princess
Hawaii always sounds great, especially in February. Well we can't control the weather, but the ocean was terribly rough going so the pools had more water on deck than in them. Actually the pools were closed several days because of the waves and weather. Movies under the stars had to be attended while wrapped in layers of blankets and hoodies. Had I noticed the Hilo port on the itinerary I probably would not have chosen this cruise. It had little to offer as the Kona side is so much more port friendly with lots of things to do right close to the port,. Hilo was totally under construction which made it rough to make the minimal walk into town. Having been to Hawaii 5 times, I would not recommend cruising as a way to see the islands. Staying there for at least two weeks and doing an island hop on a small plane, renting a car, and doing all the island things would be my recommendation. Embarkation and Disembarkation went extremely smooth. Entertainment was less than fabulous most nights, but the piano player from Las Vegas was awesome. Service was impeccable. The cabin steward and wait staff in our dining room were 5 star. Cabins were kept clean every time we left the room. As far as the food, I would not order beef or fish again. The beef was tough as was the lamb. Fish was very dry. I began ordering the shrimp meals or chicken on a daily basis because of the quality of the other. I would never take this cruise again with 9-10 days at sea. I enjoy the ports with time to discover them instead of rushing to get everything in in a few hours.

Poor timing on my part and less than average food

Emerald Princess Cruise Review by kayindel

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

kayindel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OF P217
I am not sure of the category ocean-view we had but we wanted to stay on a lower floor to maintain minimal rocking. We were in the front portion of the ship. The cabin was large enough for the two of us and kept extremely clean by our steward. Plenty of hangers allowed us to hang most of our clothes with shelving for the remainder. This is important on a 15 day cruise. We have cruised over 20 times with many cruise lines and this cabin was average for the most of the lines. A small refrigerator allowed us to keep medicine and drinks cold and a save in each room to keep valuables.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins