3. Norwegian Epic
We have never cruised before and this looked and sounded amazing. We flew in the morning of and out the afternoon we got back. Embarkation ad disembarkation went smoothly. Much of this ship has been renovated, some they are working on. Our Balcony stateroom was nice but every single time I went to enjoy our balcony, someone was smoking on another balcony. This was a huge disappointment as I absolutely hate smoke/fumes of any kind. I was bummed I hadn't thought of this being a possibility, I may have saved some money by not getting a balcony. Most activities on the ship cost extra money which is very unfortunate. We did enjoy ping pong which did not cost extra. The bowling is $7/game and they have a bunch of games/contests/raffles but they all seemed to cost money to try to win. We enjoyed Atlantis in Nassau. Our second stop was cancelled. They announced the morning of that the weather was too dangerous to take the tenders to the island 'as we could see' which was not the case, the weather looked absolutely gorgeous and the island looked awesome. We weren't aware prior to cruising that we would have to take a tender to get to that island and it really was never clear to us that the weather was bad. I would always rather be safe than sorry but it seemed like they were making money off of the cruisers as many activities were added for an extra fee that day. The APP was a joke. It let me make a reservation in the main dining room Manhattan for a jazz brunch for Sunday so that's what we planned on only to find out there was no such thing and to have to run to the buffet to try to get some breakfast as they were clearing all of the food away. We spoke to 7 different people and no one ever really acted like they were sorry, it was just like oh well we don't have such a thing. I was like well I didn't make it up, you can see that I made a reservation that someone else created as an option. Finally the 7th person said he would email someone in hopes that it doesn't happen to somebody else. One of the previous people stated that she had heard of it happening before. No credits or anything to try to make anyone feel better about anything else. I was hurt in the room, the tissue box holder fell out onto my knew. I called and they said they would send an ice pack right away, it never came. Our toilet was backed up at one point and I called and someone was supposed to come, the next time we were in the room a few hours later, no one had come so I called again. The main dining rooms had excellent food. The service was usually fine but most workers on the ship do not smile or say you're welcome no matter how many times we said thank you. A few did. The entertainment was not amazing. We liked a singer/piano player, Arvin. The Ice Bar is a huge rip off, $25/person to stand in an old freezer and drink two terrible drinks. The guy who sold it to us said the drinks were unlimited for an hour and the guy on the inside said it was just two drinks per person. Several times on our trip, one employee would say one thing and another would say something different. It would have been nice if everyone was on the same page. It was just my husband and I, our kids stayed home. We might cruise again but if we do it would definitely be with another cruise line.

Disappointing