Norwegian Epic Cruise Review

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by tmath2

• Sail Date: Mar 2019
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

I'll start with the things I enjoyed about about the ship.

1) I enjoyed the drink package! But, sometimes the wait at the bars were crazy. It was tolerable but could have been better.

2) The balcony view. It was wonderful sitting out every morning and night.

3) In the beginning, the staff was very nice.

4) The food at the specialty dining restaurants was very good. The buffet was average...not terrible.

Now for the things I didn't like....

1) I was really disappointed that we didn't make it to the private beach Great Stirrup Cay. I believe it was to keep everyone safe. However, some people didn't share my thoughts on it. I'm glad they kept everyone safe but I wish they would have given us a shorten beach day for a couple of hours. It did rain really hard later that evening. I understand they don't want the liability.

2) My room wasn't as clean as I would have liked. I believe they forget the mirrors.

3) The rooms are really tight. I would suggest to select the mini suite or better. (Showers are larger in mini suite)

4) The room steward didn't even speak to us on the depart day. It was like it flipped a switch.

5) The whole disembarkation process was terrible. If felt like they had never had people leave the ship before....it was over an hour to get down from the 8th floor to the 6th floor.

6) Again, the bars and the small pools just can't accommodate the amount of people on the ship. If you can afford The Haven....I'm sure there's no problem there.

If I try another NCL cruise, it will be Bliss.

Cruise Date: March 7-11 (Epic)

tmath2's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BE 8180

Balcony is the way to go!

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Onboarding was fine. We missed the crowd by getting there almost 2 hours before departure time.

tmath2