3. Regal Princess
There were 8 of us on the Cruise to celebrate the 60th birthdays of the 4 guys . There was no problem with boarding or disembarkation , we chose to depart with our own bags which made it even smoother. Our room R323 was balcony suite , mid ship and very nice , tons of storage space , standard balcony and we had great room cleaning and service by Roxane and crew . Did not think the tendering process was very smooth and it took away valuable time on shore. The weather was rough in 2 ports and at Cayman Islands only about 1,000 people were able to leave the ship before they had to shut it down for safety reasons. We will be looking for ships that do not need to tender at each port in the future The ship was clean and public areas well kept . The food was very good at both buffet and sit down service . We found the service at sit down service , pleasant but the staff were overworked and therefore slow to get initial drinks/wine ( plus they had to travel a long way to get drinks). Perhaps it was because they had our large table and a table of 10 next to us ? Our work around was to bring in our own beverages to take away the aggravation factor. The entertainment staff was challenged on our voyage as many of the guests were older (with what we guessed is a average age of 70+). I thought playing the movies during the day was inappropriate , music was a better choice and we liked the concerts they played . There was music everywhere on the ship and most of it geared to the older crowd. The 2 shows we saw were fun . The best part we liked was the Voice of the Ocean contest , it was a lot of fun to watch the contestants go from Karaoke to the big stage . We found the staff on the ship to be overall pleasant and polite and helpful . I really appreciated the extra effort to remind guests to wash hands often and that the washrooms were kept very clean ( unlike a MSC cruise I was on last year). I didn't like the medallion program. I did not like having "big brother" watching my every move and being all knowing - I can see the advantages but I personally did not like it . I do not recommend getting the new "all inclusive" drink package - Princess did away with a mid level price option for drink packages so both me and my cabin mate purchased this at over $ 600.00 Canadian EACH . There were so many rules and caveats about what is included and what is not included , which varied from bar to bar and server to server - very confusing and frustrating . One example is at some bars I could take up both our passes and get us each one drink per pass , but other bars refused to serve us unless we were both there !! Another was that you could not order a double shot of alcohol in our drinks. If you were to order one of the fancy cocktails that have 2-3 shots of booze that was fine , but you could not order a double rum and coke- ridiculous !! Also keep in mind that you can only have one drink every 12 minutes , so if I wanted to get the extra ounce in my drink I had to line up again at the bar but wait out the time - I ended up making a "stash" of rum shots so I could have my double when I wanted it . By no means are we over drinkers and never came close to the 15 drink ( per 24 hours ) limit - Like I said frustrating and confusing and very expensive . Overall we had a good time however next time I cruise I will be looking for a smaller and more "lively" entertainment and no tenders to port.

Some good, some not so good

Regal Princess Cruise Review by kif8skip

• Sail Date: February 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Balcony

kif8skip’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Deluxe Balcony
Cabin DF R323
Nice location mid ship , lots of storage
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins